Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #7491 
katydidmischief

Did a big change to the tanks today. The 5.5 was divided in preparation for Harville being moved; the first photo is Balthazar on his side. Second photo is the changes to the 10 gallon--added a wonderstone, fixed the plants and rearranged the silks, and did a fish swap so Michael and Milton are on different sides.

(I also found my little Pleco who I'd been concerned had passed away, but the little dude is just shy and here, have a photo of the cuteness.)
Attached Images

katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #7492 
Pices

Here's Prince Puddle, "Pud", in his 5.5 gallon tank.
Pices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #7493 
Pices

Here's Prince Puddle in his 5.5 gallon tank.
Pices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #7494 
Cardinal

I'm new here and this is my first time posting in the forums. =) I have a 10 gallon betta tank that also houses a handful of platy fry before they go into my 30 gallon/are sold off.

Before a water change:

After the water change and new lights:

Meet Katana:

I have a really crappy cell phone camera so they are not the best quality
Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #7495 
pyro fiend

love the bettas name ad all the pretty dots! not the fondest of that tank atm but looks like live plants and itl look beautifull soon!!
pyro fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #7496 
Cardinal

Its a work in progress. Recently switched from a sand/flourite mixture over to black gravel, added some more of the wisteria, and upgraded the lights. My dream for this tank is to have a white buddha in the middle with two red elephants and a red bridge then some large amazon swords in the back ground. Will be done when I have the time and money.

It also looks much better in person. The camera LOVES to focus on anything dirty/any spec of algae and make it brighter. :/
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #7497 
pyro fiend

haha well i dont focu on the dirt. as i personally have tnanks with calcuim stains/etching and alot of scratches i was looking more at the setup. and i figures it was a work in progess. only thing i personally would advize, tho im no expert, is a floating plant. something like a anubia. for your betta to rest on near surface. i float asian water fern in one of mine used to use anibia nana for my boy. my girls are in qt so they have plastic plants tht reach the surface lol. i always find my boys cozied up in my floating plants at night with his safty bubble nest built in ;p

i do see you have something floating. but i dont think itd be anough to let him feel secure if you have a current
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #7498 
Cardinal

I actually use wisteria as a floater as I wait for it to root. I have three 4-5inch pieces right now and he loves them. I've been look for hornwort, but can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. I may order a bunch off of ebay in a couple of days. I have to admit, the guy was an impulse buy. Saw him and snatched him up. He was shoved to the very back ad had been there for atleast two weeks already as I go there often. Its really strange because he has such gorgeous coloring. So, I'm still working on getting his set-up perfected.

Before I started moving and changing things the tank looked like this, all I did was remove the divider: I had him on one side and the platy fry on the other as they grew.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #7499 
pyro fiend

o hear ya on the plant buying my lps dont sell many dif plants that r in tubes [i dont trust there tainted tanks of plants] i been debating on buying some on aquabids or ebay but im waiting to see how my swords do as theyv been hit with a mysterious turning brown/translusent leave o.0 once my plants r healthy again i may do the same thing :))
Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #7500 
titusthebetta

This tank was quite the adventure! Being a college student with no car, I went with my friend on Friday to buy this tank (this was one from walmart, and actually a very good deal). However, when I got back I saw a crack in the glass, and I would have went back immediately but my friend's car had a flat tire. :/ Having gotten the tire fixed yesterday, we went back today to the customer service and picked up a new tank, only to open it and find that that tank had been completely shattered. So with the last one of this tank on the shelf, we grabbed it an lo and behold it was in perfect shape!

Now introducing Mori's new 5 gal!

He's been quite fascinated with the filter, which is my first Whisper filter. I'm afraid of him getting stuck behind it or jumping into the top (it's pretty low to the water line so the flow isn't strong). But so far I like the filter a lot.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank