Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #14711 
dramaqueen
Banned

TPF, have you ever been checked to see if you have lupus? Lupus can give you all kinds of weird symptoms.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #14712 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
TPF, have you ever been checked to see if you have lupus? Lupus can give you all kinds of weird symptoms.
No I have not. Because I have digestive systems, they thought I might have IBS, but I thought on my own maybe Celiac's Disease or Gallbladder issues. I called a doctor's office a few hours ago..Which lead's me into my current rant:

I left a message on this doctor's machine because I am a new patient, and NO ONE has called me back! It has been, as I said above, a few hours and I am not looking forward to yet another miserable night this has started to affect my school work and I am now failing the class.. AGAIN... Sigh.. All the doctors around here have issues, I can't find one that takes my insurance that actually has good quality care for their patients according to reviews and stuff I am reading. grr..

Regardless, I need to find out what is wrong with me. Now I am worried.

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 10-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #14713 
Sena Hansler

Dear craziest fish people of the world:

I understand how fish bowls are bad... But stop nagging on people who know what they are doing. Sure, fish bowls are bad. But would you rather a cup? When someone makes a minor upgrade that does not meet your 5-10 gallon mark, don't hound them. Don't bug them. Give a lending hand, not a B slap to the face with said hand. Not everyone can have a fish room. Not everyone is given the right information the second they look at a fish. Not everyone is like you, thinks like you, or is you. That is why we are INDIVIDUALS.

sincerely, A FISH KEEPER with 2-40 gallon tanks.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #14714 
TheCrabbyTabby

So Dad comes home and says the house reeks. I don't smell a thing. He walks around, making gagging/coughing noises and opens the windows, and turns on the ceiling fan. Its like 70 degrees out, which isn't that bad, but we have young puppies in the house (they are 4 and 1/2 weeks old) and the runt has trouble keeping warm. We had been making a lot of headway in getting her on track and now this? I worry about her now. I am just PO'd that dad would risk letting her get sickly again.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 10-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #14715 
dramaqueen
Banned

TPF I know how you feel. We called my mom's doctor 3 times in 2 days before they called back. It really sucks.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #14716 
LittleBettaFish

Just so devastated right now.

Our puppy had been going so well in the show ring (she is topping the points for her breed in our state) and was looking like a very promising future foundation female for my mum.

We got her hips and elbows x-rayed yesterday as you have to get them scored to be breed surveyed and to get an excellent in the open classes.

She got a score of 0/0 for her elbows and completely bombed on her hips. She has hip dysplasia, with arthritic changes already showing. We could not believe this as she has never shown the slightest sign that anything is wrong. No one has ever picked it up or said anything and she has been getting regularly exercised and swum.

Yesterday she got home from the vet, and spent the afternoon running around with our other two dogs, playing tug-of-war and having a wrestle. It's so hard to believe that her hips were as bad as they are.

Vet said it is probably that we swim her, have given her glucosamine tablets along with fish and flax seed oil, and have always kept her lean that we haven't noticed anything.

It just chafes me that I see these ugly, bad-tempered females out there that haven't done anything to prove themselves but get great hip and elbow scores. Then we have our girl who is out of breed surveyed parents, is a national place getter, and with time and work has developed into a beautiful tempered dog, and she just ends up losing the genetic lottery.

It would have been one thing to not do well on her hips by a few points and miss out. It is another thing altogether that we now have to deal with something that could be potentially a serious condition.

On the other hand, mum said it is probably better that she ended up with us, as most breeders would have had her put to sleep straight away. Now she gets to live the life of a pampered pet. Mum is hoping to show her in obedience as she has dual obedience/show champions behind her.

We just now have to find a way to manage her condition and mum has said she will definitely pay for any surgeries that might help improve her quality of life later on down the track.

Life definitely has a way of throwing curve balls at you, and I swear my poor mum has the worst bad luck of anyone I've met.

It is just sad that all that promise has just been ground to dust.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #14717 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm so sorry about your puppy.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #14718 
LittleBettaFish

Thanks. I had a bit of a cry about it this morning. It just seems like such a shame. She was doing so well and something like this happens.

Then I find her and our other show girl with happy faces on, having locked themselves around the sideway to do some serious digging and I figure at least she doesn't know any different.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #14719 
dramaqueen
Banned

She's still the same dog even though she has these problems now. Can she be seen by another vet for a second opinion?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #14720 
LittleBettaFish

The vet that we got her done at do most of the x-rays for the breed so they know what they are looking at. You could clearly see in the x-ray where it was and the changes that had occurred at the joint.

Mum is going to be sending the x-rays off to the man who does the scoring to see what her actual score is either side and what his recommendations are.

She hopefully might be able to be managed with what we are doing now and occasional pain medication as it is not too severe and she hasn't shown any real symptoms of it yet.

I'm just sad as she is my baby. She came into the vet's room screaming her lungs out yesterday as she was so happy to see me. The vet was taken aback by how noisy she was haha.

I don't think she'll mind if she retires. She much prefers digging and wrestling to showing.

Tags
bettathanyou