Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #11 
TheCrabbyTabby

I think that beating up an adult can result in said adult pressing charges for Aggravated Assault, and Harrassment. Even issuing a threat to said adult can give them grounds for pressing charges of Threatening Bodily Harm.

I know your instinct is to put the pressure on the adult, but there are less violent means to stop bullying. Why stoop to the level of the bully?

Personally, I would call the cops on the kid. You yourself can press charges on a kid, if not, than their parents.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #12 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I think that beating up an adult can result in said adult pressing charges for Aggravated Assault, and Harrassment. Even issuing a threat to said adult can give them grounds for pressing charges of Threatening Bodily Harm.

I know your instinct is to put the pressure on the adult, but there are less violent means to stop bullying. Why stoop to the level of the bully?

Personally, I would call the cops on the kid. You yourself can press charges on a kid, if not, than their parents.
i guess i've just always seen people like that as something you can't really change, so i've always just carved my own path in life, regardless of whether they're in my way. i learned early on that teachers are no help, principals will punish both the attacker AND the victim, and cops are always either incompetent or untrustworthy, if not both. self-reliance is a trait i've always attempted to cultivate in myself, and i hope my son does the same because at some point in your life, everyone and everything else you can rely on won't be there, and in that moment you have only yourself to turn to. i've been at that point several times, and while i haven't always come out victorious, i've always come out knowing that i rose to the occasion and given it every ounce of fight i had available. i certainly hope my Lucian will never have to go through a lot of the stuff i did, but if he does, i know i'm gonna prepare him to never EVER give up while he still has even one tiny spark left in his furnace.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was also bullied throughout school. I never said anything about it to anyone because I was afraid I'd get in trouble.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #14 
nel3

I was bullied a bit in elementary and high school. I was friends with a fellow polish friend that was a pain in the behind. He stirred up trouble and then blamed it all on me. The darn principal though he was a damn angel and always punished me instead of him. My parents went to the principal to plead my case as they knew I was innocent but that she never believed them.

There was a time in high school when some bullies did bother me mildly ie teasing names. In the end it was a soccer dodgeball game that got one of them to get them off my back. I ran from first to second when the teacher as pitcher had the ball. Halfway through he threw the ball but I jumped over it. I did go on to getting a point. I was on the same team as one of the bullies and we didi win the game. The score was close but i don't remember the result. Next time he caught his bully friend bugging me he told him to stop and they never bothered me again.

Mark lafleur ie guy Lafleurs son was pretty mean but mild. He's been in a good amount of trouble out of his life. He wasn't a good person to know.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #15 
Lizzie the Badger

I was bullied in elementary school and middle school. Now in high school, its too soon to tell how things are going to go.

Middle school was definitely terrible for me, especially 8th grade. During that year one kid got in my face repeatedly and just put me down. None of my friends helped me.

Soon those "friends" turned against me and I was alone. Truthfully I wasn't though.

Soon afterwards, I yelled at the guy who was bullying me in the middle of class, then broke down and started crying. Some people who I never thought much about came to comfort me, and that changed me whole view on the situation.

Even when I repeatedly went to teachers, they weren't any help. The guidance conselour once promised me that the prinicpal would talk to me about the situation. Pfft, that never happened.

I could never compare my story to anyone else's though.
Lizzie the Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #16 
teeneythebetta

Im guessing youre referring to amanda todd?

Ive seen people even making fun of her AFTER her death because of the things she did.
I do not think that the things she did were good choices, but give her a break people, she killed herself. It just sickens me.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #17 
lelei

This is terribly sad, and in this day and age, there is so much "Bullying Awarness" being taught in schools, I am at a loss as to why this could not of been prevented, and it should be madatory for teachers to watch for behaviour issues, so that they can help, if someone doesnt come to the teachers, the teachers need to go to them.

If the teachers are not helping, especially if they are aware of what is taking place, they are just as much of the problem as well.

My 10 yr old is constantly telling me, how mean the kids are in her school, and I am constantly telling her to stick up for herself, and for the ones that you see being picked on, being called names, and I see in my daughers school on all the walls in the hallways, cafateria area "Black Out Bullying" that is like thier Catch Phrase.

I really don't know if High Schools are doing the same but if not they sure as heck need to, it happens every day..and with the internet, and with texting, it gets worse everyday..so the best way is to make sure your kids recognize bullying and take a Stand for themselves and others.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #18 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Im guessing youre referring to amanda todd?

Ive seen people even making fun of her AFTER her death because of the things she did.
I do not think that the things she did were good choices, but give her a break people, she killed herself. It just sickens me.
Yes, that's exactly who I am talking about. Her bullies should be in prison IMO
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #19 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Yes, that's exactly who I am talking about. Her bullies should be in prison IMO
You are right Shainax and this isn't the only case, a while back there was another girl, around same age, and I think now, they are seeking a Prison sentence for the offenders, I hope anyways, and hopefully there will be the same justice for this poor girl, May she RIP..Breaks my Heart
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #20 
MyRainbowBettaFish

our world needs to change. I cant even watch the news because of this, it upsets me immensely
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote