Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #11 
emeraldmaster

Red has a little blue on all of his fins, minus his pectorals. can you tell me if he is a marble? He is my avatar, but here's the pic larger... Sorry to annoy...
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #12 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
That's awesome! Is there a way to predict if a betta will marble? Are there definite traits that would be present?

I can't believe the amount of change you had, very cool stuff!

Does this guy have potential?

Hmm.....I'd say no on the marble with this guy. He looks like hes from a Cambodian spawn, just a pastel Bi-color though. He may end up surprising you of course, but I'd say is highly unlikely he'll marble.
Hes adorable though. xD I have a soft spot for CTs. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldmaster View Post
Red has a little blue on all of his fins, minus his pectorals. can you tell me if he is a marble? He is my avatar, but here's the pic larger... Sorry to annoy...
Not at all. ^-^
first of all hes a lovely little guy, gotta love those reds! xD But I'd also say its highly unlikely he'll marble. The blue looks like just a touch of iridescence. ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #13 
rmarkham

Whew! I'm actually glad because I was just watching him swim around and I really love his colors now! I'm glad that he's settled in to his new home and swims around more.
I wish I didn't make the fatal error of feeding blood worms before real food... I'm going to fast him, and start him on only NLS pellets.. He's quite spunky.
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #14 
DragonFish

Hes very cute, got some neat coloration going on there. Hes like....peach colored. xD Fantastic pictures by the way too.

Haha, Oooooh yeah....I've done that a couple of times with new guys. Can be such a pain to get them back on actual pellets, especially if they're the picky sort. xP
Old 10-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #15 
rmarkham

I'm going to offer them tomorrow when I get home..and only offer them until he eats.. I'll soak them in garlic too..

Yeah, I love him! I just lost a new betta who decided to jump out his tank... so I went out and got a new guy, and my co worker said I should get a peach one because they are pretty, and he was pretty close to peach and gave me the puppy dog eyes :)

He's very photogenic, so I didn't have to do much work :) I liked how the sunlight hit him at the right angle and made him glow.
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #16 
registereduser

here is mine, his fins colored but not his body, well, his head got reddish. Is that still considered marble?

in the before picture the black on tail is just the heater behind him, all fins were opaque:

in the after picture all kinds of blood red color appeared:

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #17 
NyaNyanNaa

As DragonFish said, you get surprise marbles. Ghost was one of those since when I first got him as I told you he was a pastel, transparent white little skinny fishy. ;P

But after a few days of being in his tank, his colors started to show up a lot more.
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Good luck! Hopefully your guy isn't as picky as my Legolas.....took me two weeks to get that little bugger to eat his pellets. ;P THEN he tried to turn himself into a PK.....sigh....

Awww, I'm sorry for your loss. D: At least you have this lovely little guy now though. <3

Ahhh, I love it when I get guy or gal whos photogenic! xD I'm kinda a bit of a photography nut, I LOVE taking pictures and since my fish are right there in my room with me they generally become my most common subjects....xD I love it when I go to take pictures and they pose for me. <3

Ooooo, very nice registereducer! Very neat change on him! xD
I've also find pale/white/opaque bettas often turn into marbles pretty often, actually. Not sure what it is, but the gene seems to wiggle its way in there somehow. xD

Last edited by DragonFish; 10-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #19 
bamsuddenimpact

I have one that was white when I got him w. two black dots by his lips. Now he has black splotchyness all over his body. Waiting to see if his fins go too.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #20 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarkham View Post
Hi,

I was doing some reading on marbled betta fish, and saw that you can start out with a "normal" looking fish, and when the gene takes over, you'll have a totally different, totally awesome fish!

This is where I got this info
http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...articleid=1114

Does anyone have a progression of their own they'd like to share?
Or does anyone have a progression showing color development and change with age, I find this very fascinating.

Thanks!
i will definetely be follwing this thread! I just got a BABY (HES UNDER AN INCH) HMDT and he is completely cellophane except these big black beady eyes lol. He has his own thread. He is already shwoing signs of iridescense and blue, so i know he will marble ^^ great thread!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote