Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #11 
RoranicusPondicus

RoranicusPondicus aka Rory is named after the Doctor Who charater. He just reminded me of him. Plus he like when I played Edmund, the band that the actor who played Rory was in.

After the death of Rory it took me a month to get pass his death. I went to my local petco to find my next betta friend. I had already planned to name him after a car. So now I have Vanquish and Beetle.

Vanquish - He like to spy on you, so I named him after the Aston Martin Vanquish that James Bond drives in Die Another Day. My boyfriend who a car guy help pick the name.

Beetle - My little betta fry that pulled at my heart strings. This little one was the smallest betta fry there. So after getting he/she home, it races around it tank. So I went ahead and named it after a small car with some sponk. VW Beetle, or better known as Bug.
RoranicusPondicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #12 
OrangeAugust

Fishie- I couldn't think of a name so I kept calling him fishy, then I decided to change it to an "ie" at the end.
Shiny- he's pink and shiny. lol
Lila- German word for "purple" because she was purple. hehe
Bob- red/turquoise VT- named after Lorelai's name for Luke's toolbox on "Gilmore Girls". lol This was back when the show was still on TV
Sunshine Spacetweezers- blue/turquoise VT- from an episode of "Dharma and Greg" when their friends were joking that Dharma and Greg's baby would have a weird hippie name like Sunshine Spacetweezers. I just laughed really hard.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #13 
OrangeAugust

^^ BERT not Bob.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Reina : ct female. Someone said she needed a royal name being a crowntail so I named her Reina which is Spanish for queen.
McGee :named for a barn owl in California
Makoto : means sincerity in Japanese.
Joe Dirt : his breeder named him and I kept it. Lol
Joe Cool :original name was Joe Dirtier. Lol Someone suggested Joe Cool so I decided to go with it. JC is Joe Dirt 's brother.
Poco :Spanish for little.
Little Dude : I kept calling him Little Dude when I got him and the name stuck.
Echo : I got him from 1fish2fish. I just liked the name. Lol
Boo : He's white. Need I say more? Lol
Dijon : he's a mustard gas dragon. Stole the name from MrV. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #15 
Leopardfire

Comet- he is blue which reminded me of space and stars
Celestia- she was named after princess Celestia in My Little Pony who is also white
Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #16 
sainthogan

Fishy - my 6 year old son named her (he thinks that she's his fish)
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #17 
sainthogan

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised to see how many fish are named after Doctor Who characters or themes. I love that show.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #18 
fleetfish

Admiral - Because he's very majestic and regal looking ... he needed a name that reflected that. He's just a big blustery guy who would most likely be Donald Trump if he were a fish or something :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #19 
LilMitsuko

My fish's, Fin-fin, full name is Finneus Nemo Bettamus. XP I was told upon purchasing her that she was a male, so I originally wanted to name her Nemo because of her color (she's a light orange). My family members didn't like the name, so I discussed my new fish with a girlfriend of mine who also has a betta. We thought long and hard and decided on Finneus Nemo Bettamus. We gave her a "scientific-sounding" name for fun.

A few weeks later, I found out she was a girl (like I had begun to suspect), and my girlfriend and I discussed what to do with her name (since I had grown so attached to it). We decided to call her Fin-fin, short for Finneus. <3 She's my little cutie.
LilMitsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 AM   #20 
LadyVictorian

Aquarius: That was the first thing I thought of when I saw him, the Within Temptation song, mostly the line "I need you Aquarius) which is how i ended up buying him...guess I really needed him. xD

Phoenix: I got her and honestly she looked like death, she was just a baby and knocking on deaths door. I didn't think she would make it the night but in the morning after having been in nice clean water she was a new fish. I sort of say she died in the night and was reborn a new fish into a new life...so from the ashes of her past rose a beautiful strong Phoenix.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote