Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #50941 
Laki

omg I heard that too! And I was told to "hibernate" my res turtle in the fridge..Thanks goodness I didn't! Would have messed up his entire system. lol (he was obviously captive bred. The info I read was regarding wild caught. Something from the 60's which is just ridiculously hilarious)
I never heard of cocker rage, I heard of the same problem in king charles spaniels bc their brains are too compacted into their skulls. And they just die young or go crazy.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #50942 
Sakura8

o.O Wow. I never really stopped to think about surgery on a reptile. I know some people say freezing fish is considered cruel because it supposedly causes painful ice crystals to form. Would that be the same for a reptile, I wonder?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #50943 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Depends of course. I'm guessing if you knock it close to freezing but not at freezing the reptile would be slowed down enough but not have ice crystals... :s
But the mammal anesthesia would kill them so it was most likely a hope for the best sort of thing. They have proper anesthesia for reptiles now though. Yay!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #50944 
Sakura8

Why does mammal anaesthesia kill them? Because it's designed for warmbloods?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #50945 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Maybe. I'm not totally sure. But reptile medicine is very different, they get separate sets of drugs a lot of the time..
I guess the cold blooded thing plays into it a lot, different metabolic systems in them. Interesting...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #50946 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
omg I heard that too! And I was told to "hibernate" my res turtle in the fridge..Thanks goodness I didn't! Would have messed up his entire system. lol (he was obviously captive bred. The info I read was regarding wild caught. Something from the 60's which is just ridiculously hilarious)
I never heard of cocker rage, I heard of the same problem in king charles spaniels bc their brains are too compacted into their skulls. And they just die young or go crazy.

Really? I was under the impression that the KCCS (King Charles Cavalier Spaniel) was highly sought after for its kind and wonderful personality and demeanor as the ideal companion/lap dog. My mother told me that they have the perfect canine personality and that you'll be hard pressed to find any in shelters due to that fact. People just love them too much. I know that I want one badly, but would honestly never, in good consence, go out and buy one when there are so many loving dogs in shelters needing a good home.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #50947 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Off for a run. Then gotta shower, cleanthe Goldie tank, and sleep hopefully. -sigh-
Maybe I'll go on chat later though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #50948 
Laki

Ok, it's not an aggression thing with CKCS.. However, it's hypersensitivity. Such a sin too. 95% of them have this condition. I first seen it on a BBC documentary about the Royal Kennel Club or whichever one is in England.. And the breeders were basically like, "oh well" instead of breeding for a larger skull. http://www.cavalierhealth.org/syringomyelia.htm
They're cute but it would just be devastating.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #50949 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
I did a test today in Global studies about judaism. I know I got 1 question wrong. i hate quizes that are only 10 problems becuase than if you get 1 wrong it goes down to 90% 2 wrong 80% etc.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #50950 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm gonna die. -squeal-

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese