Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 
headerthebettalover

Smile breeding process

Can someone please explain the whole bredding process to me??? im so confused!!! thanks
headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #2 
Setsuna

First you need these things that im going to list you for breeding
1) styrofoam cup (cut it lengh wise) this is use to house your males nest from breaking apart
2)a submersible thermometer (set at 80.F)
3)a 10 gal tank (fill up to 35% of the tank)
4)a sponge filter
5)a culture of microworms to feed your frys when they are free of swim
6)plants if you want
These are all the things needed in the breeding tank
First off you need to condition the pairs feed the female live food (bloodworms, brine shrimp...ect) she will show breeding bars faster let the male see the female but leave them in their own jars do this for 1 or 2 weeks
After the conditioning setup the breeding tank with the items listed above
Put the styrofoam cup at a corner. Fill up the tank to 35% of water put the male in the tank for a day so he can get to know his territory then introduce the female to him in the tank but leave her in a jar that way she wont get beat up by the male. Wait till the male finish building his nest (he should fill the whole cup with bubble) then release her into the tank and let nature take its course from here on just sit tight and wait. Check on them once a while to make sure he dont beat her up too bad or if they breed. After breeding session take her out of the breeding tank but try not to make alot of water movments. Leave the male in the tank till the frys are free of swim from here on you will have to check on the frys twice a day or so. Alot Of frys may not survive its normal. Just check for death rates and dont over feed that can polute the tank and there goes everything. Thats all the things i know from my experience of breeding anyone else know somethings that i didnt list or mentioned on here can add to this thread. Good luck
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #3 
headerthebettalover

thanks for the info
headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #4 
Myates

Here is a link to the sticky at the top of this sub-forum, it will give you links you can use to help breeding. There is a ton of information you need to know in order to properly breed, and those links will help give you a good start at it.

The person(s) who wrote those topics/links in the link below has been breeding successfully for a long while, and it also follows the ways of many others who breed in large numbers. I would highly recommend going more off of what the links say, as breeding and raising fry isn't simple at all.

Breeding Bettas
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #5 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by headerthebettalover View Post
thanks for the info
No problem anytime
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote