Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #14801 
Sena Hansler

My friend had a betta named Sasuke. I took him for her when she rescued him, and boy oh boy was he a REAL Sasuke -.- mean little bugger.

Male and females together: you could try it but have tons of live plants, a longer tank rather than tall, and stuff that tank to the brim with soft plants and artificial borders like driftwood, slate rock, etc! It IS doable just not recommended - even experts have problems.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #14802 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
My friend had a betta named Sasuke. I took him for her when she rescued him, and boy oh boy was he a REAL Sasuke -.- mean little bugger.

Male and females together: you could try it but have tons of live plants, a longer tank rather than tall, and stuff that tank to the brim with soft plants and artificial borders like driftwood, slate rock, etc! It IS doable just not recommended - even experts have problems.

Oh, fun for you! :P One of my other Betta, Kaida, he likes to jump over theheater etc, and squeeze through the most difficult of places -_- He gives me heart attacks sometimes haha. Yeah, i'm keeping an eye on them for awhile, but the previous owner had them in the same tank, and they were fine. SO i'm hoping that they will be OK until I am able to get another heater for another tank of mine... But really the male minds his own, he's always by the plants etc so I'm not sure.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #14803 
Sena Hansler

Well, just make sure to have some medications on hand as a "just in case", and if all else fails and there is an emergency I am sure one or more of them would forgive you if you had to move them to a colder tank temporarily

Hehe I love bettas who are so weird. I changed my one girl's bottom decorations from marbles to sand because she wiggled herself beneath the marbles :o
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #14804 
Creat

Best way to keep male and female I have had luck with.... large tank (more then 30 gal) shallow not deep... planted / stuffed like Sena said ... though most people to it for breeding... and betta can live without a heater... not for very long and its not recommended but a healthy betta will be fine for a few days in cool water.

Rant: Why my face breaks out only when I have to do something >.> gawd
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #14805 
TheCrabbyTabby

Two words, Creat. Stress and Hormones.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #14806 
Creat

I specifically avoided those DX and my hormones have never been right lol it runs in my family I even tried meditating lol
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #14807 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
I have to take the SAT, the ACT, the STAR, and various AP tests. xD But right now only the PSAT.
I HATE the star. I liked the Taks better, lol.. also.. The Crabby Tabby - Last time I took the STAR or STARR.. not sure what its exactly called.. but we had a time limit of 4 hours to complete it and ours was like 50-55 questions.. I was done within 2 hours and i got somehwere around a 95

Last edited by Mo; 10-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #14808 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
What's "STAR"?

Are the stupid powers that be making poor innocent kids take more and more long, boring, and difficult tests now? Yeesh, what's next? A test that takes a week to complete?
STAR is the standarized testing and reporting! I think it might only be in cali? Not sure but its not too hard, but its just another test to worry about. Lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #14809 
Mo

We have it here in texas but I think its called the STARR
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #14810 
Mo

Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness- STAAR

Tags
bettathanyou