Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #1 
ToeBiter

Hola! Nice to meet ya'll!

Hey! I'm new wanted to say hi.

I'm a college student and a roommate of Creat. I have always had a ton of animals and am a Wildlife/Fisheries Major. A few years ago, said roommie got me started and hooked on keeping planted aquariums. It's sort of expanded into chaos at the expense of our very sad paychecks. In the realm of beta's, I have mostly crowntails (I know that I'm nuts) and am just starting to attempt breeding and hopefully starting a line (some of the orchids and butterfly's are my favs!). I'm down to only a couple though as most of my beta's didn't survive a recent move. My second favorite would have to the half moons. I also have some other tanks/setups including, but not limited to, a 55 gal tank with about 50 cichlids (recently exploded so is in repair... long story) and a 75 gal planted show tank with some more aggressive fish (rope fish, tire track eel, gourami's, etc.) and an electric blue crayfish. I know that last tank is an odd combo, but it's working for us.

Anywhoooo... she (Creat, AKA the roommie/BFF) finally convinced me to join one more procrastination tool: the beta forum! And now not only do I have no life nor friends outside of those that I live with (god help their souls for putting up with my BFF and I's pet collecting habits), but I have no friends on here.

Help a poor friendless forum fiend out. I promise I wont bite... at least not that much. Shoot me a message. I love talking about my fish (those that I mentioned and my others) and all of my other animals(I have/ have had/ taken care of dogs, a cat, goats, chickens, geese, snakes, cockroaches, aquatic inverts, frogs, emus, quail, a skunk, a hedgehog, lizards, raptors, vultures, ravens, songbirds, deer, horses, cows, bobcats, etc.... I bet you feel bad for my roommates now ).
ToeBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure in no time you will have new friends on this wonderful forum including me :) Everyone here has great advice and stories so enjoy your stay! I would love to see a picture of that electric blue crayfish. That sounds really cool. Anyways.. Welcome!
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

HI, welcome to the forum. We're all friends here ...... like it or not. LOL
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I love talking about my fish (those that I mentioned and my others) and all of my other animals(I have/ have had/ taken care of dogs, a cat, goats, chickens, geese, snakes, cockroaches, aquatic inverts, frogs, emus, quail, a skunk, a hedgehog, lizards, raptors, vultures, ravens, songbirds, deer, horses, cows, bobcats, etc.... I bet you feel bad for my roommates now ).[/quote]

Welcome to the forum This last paragraph is making my head spin Emus and raptors and bobcats - oh my :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #6 
eaturbyfill

Hello and welcome to the forum!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #7 
ToeBiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLakerBetta View Post
Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure in no time you will have new friends on this wonderful forum including me :) Everyone here has great advice and stories so enjoy your stay! I would love to see a picture of that electric blue crayfish. That sounds really cool. Anyways.. Welcome!
Here's a pic of our crayfish, Dr. Zoidberg... forgive the water quality. I have new wood and an Indian walnut leaf leaching in there because the fish love it and I'm conditioning some of the female beta. On top of that, I just did a big overhaul on the 75 gal. tank to add more of a sand bed and turn it into more of a show tank. Me and Creat have a thread following our adventures in w/ this tank (lots of pictures as it evolves!) and about half of the fish in there are hers at this point.

Here's the thread: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=116359

... and here's the photo. This is the best I have so far w/ him being in the bottom corner... he's fast and hides pretty well for as bright as he is. Inky-Pinky is the Rope Fish being an attention hog and there is one of Creat's halfmoon females that follows him around all the time (her and a walmart veiltail are almost comical about following him).
Name:  PA170172.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  46.0 KB

Last edited by ToeBiter; 10-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #8 
ToeBiter

haha... as an afterthought; sorry about that last paragraph. I know it's a bit of an eye spinner. I just get carried away when I start talking about the animals/ oddball things I have either had or worked with. At least they make for some good stories.

And thanks everyone for all the shout outs! It makes me feel like a little bit less of a shut in.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #9 
Viva

Wow, cool! I love animals, I wish I was able to meet all the ones you did :D I work at a farm, though, so I at least get to play with goats and sheep and stuff.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #10 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Enjoy your stay...

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote