Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #14842 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
moonsandowls:

The only scary thing about america is the people
THAT'S WHAT I'M SCARED ABOUT!
Especially if there's those nutters like you see in movies and they come out of the woods o.O

Although, I must add, New Zealand has some scary people
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #14843 
BettaHeart

headhunters all around!!! hahaha...
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #14844 
moonsand0wls

x_x so much gangs run wild here too.
But all in all, New Zealand isn't too bad
Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #14845 
TheCrabbyTabby

Pssshhh.

Here the government is in deadlock over anything they have to do because no one is willing to agree on anything. They act so immature, like a bunch of preschoolers who all want the same toy but are unwilling to share it with each other. Its so annoying that nothing ever gets done. Meanwhile, the homeowner rates are plummeting because people can't afford to keep paying the ever increasing interest rates, nor can afford another loan because of the banks, who are all creating more and more fees just so they don't go under. I mean, I have to pay a monthly fee just to use my debit card!!! Even if I don't even use it that month!!! I am literally being charged for having money!!!

Another thing is that gas prices are skyrocketing because no one can agree on how to manage the fuel crises. They are rising more and more each week. We have to pay $3.69 dollars a gallon over here and that's not even counting how much diesel costs. My uncle is a farmer, who owns and runs the aging family farm. He isn't one of those big time industry farmers, just one of a dieing race of family owned and operated type farmers who has to fuel up all his tractors and the combine (thats the machine that harvests, or combines, the crops so they can be taken to market and sold). He also works as an implement dealer so he has many long hours on the road, driving implements too and from towns in his area of the state. So yeah, he uses his fair share of fuel. It gets harder and harder for him to make a living as the years go by. Not that he ever had it easy. Being a farmer is tough work.

I personally think alternative fuel research is where its at. The main reason certain politicians want to keep on using and drilling for oil is that they have ties to the major oil companies and get a huge payoff and such. But that's besides the point.

I am also disgusted with the health care this nation has. Its pathetic. I had insurance once, and it only payed so much a year, then after that, it was like "Sorry, find a way to pay for yourself." I am bi-polar, so I have some pretty expensive medications to pay for if I want to remain sane and a contributing member of society, or alive for that matter. I also had many doctor's appointments to go to to keep my disorder managed. The insurance I had didn't nearly cover enough. I had to pay hundreds of dollars for my medication, and then on top of that, pay for my doctors appointments that the shoddy insurance refused to cover.

Fed up with all the expenses, I managed to get a disability claim filed and now have SS checks, and the government helps to pay for my medications and doctors appointments. Its a huge help as I couldn't even begin to afford the treatments and medication without their help. Apparently, some people think I am mooching off of the government and not making an effort to contribute to society, and therefor, want to cut my government funded help. "Help yourself" is what they are saying. "Screw you." is what I am hearing.

Okay, I am rambling on and on and on. I'll stop.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #14846 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Pssshhh.

Here the government is in deadlock over anything they have to do because no one is willing to agree on anything. They act so immature, like a bunch of preschoolers who all want the same toy but are unwilling to share it with each other. Its so annoying that nothing ever gets done. Meanwhile, the homeowner rates are plummeting because people can't afford to keep paying the ever increasing interest rates, nor can afford another loan because of the banks, who are all creating more and more fees just so they don't go under. I mean, I have to pay a monthly fee just to use my debit card!!! Even if I don't even use it that month!!! I am literally being charged for having money!!!

Another thing is that gas prices are skyrocketing because no one can agree on how to manage the fuel crises. They are rising more and more each week. We have to pay $3.69 dollars a gallon over here and that's not even counting how much diesel costs. My uncle is a farmer, who owns and runs the aging family farm. He isn't one of those big time industry farmers, just one of a dieing race of family owned and operated type farmers who has to fuel up all his tractors and the combine (thats the machine that harvests, or combines, the crops so they can be taken to market and sold). He also works as an implement dealer so he has many long hours on the road, driving implements too and from towns in his area of the state. So yeah, he uses his fair share of fuel. It gets harder and harder for him to make a living as the years go by. Not that he ever had it easy. Being a farmer is tough work.

I personally think alternative fuel research is where its at. The main reason certain politicians want to keep on using and drilling for oil is that they have ties to the major oil companies and get a huge payoff and such. But that's besides the point.

I am also disgusted with the health care this nation has. Its pathetic. I had insurance once, and it only payed so much a year, then after that, it was like "Sorry, find a way to pay for yourself." I am bi-polar, so I have some pretty expensive medications to pay for if I want to remain sane and a contributing member of society, or alive for that matter. I also had many doctor's appointments to go to to keep my disorder managed. The insurance I had didn't nearly cover enough. I had to pay hundreds of dollars for my medication, and then on top of that, pay for my doctors appointments that the shoddy insurance refused to cover.

Fed up with all the expenses, I managed to get a disability claim filed and now have SS checks, and the government helps to pay for my medications and doctors appointments. Its a huge help as I couldn't even begin to afford the treatments and medication without their help. Apparently, some people think I am mooching off of the government and not making an effort to contribute to society, and therefor, want to cut my government funded help. "Help yourself" is what they are saying. "Screw you." is what I am hearing.

Okay, I am rambling on and on and on. I'll stop.

No no you have a point, we're currently like that too, and in a huge recession because of it, except we get free healthcare which is pretty good but yeah that sucks, I hate that!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #14847 
TheCrabbyTabby

Wow. Free healthcare? If only people would do that here. But nooooooo, the overly paid doctors wouldn't hear of it.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #14848 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Wow. Free healthcare? If only people would do that here.
Yeah, like general healthcare, but doctors are expensive to see etc, but say you had to go into hospital, you wouldn't have to pay thousands and surgery is generally free. You can get health insurance in case you need a surgery which would cost heaps. Then we have ACC which is basically you can make claims for accidents in the work place or during sports etc and they pay for treatment. So yeah it's pretty cheaper than in America, I feel sorry for yous, but I guess since America is so huge and with so many people :s Do you get seen immediately if you need surgery etc though? I'd hope you would.
Also, I generally need medication too, and the government pays for it if you have a community services card, so it usually only costs around $3.00 but even with government subsidy some are around $40

Last edited by moonsand0wls; 10-18-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to add ~
Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #14849 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Do you get seen immediately if you need surgery etc though? I'd hope you would.
Some people can't afford to have health insurance so they don't go to the doctor for needed things like surgery and medicine. In the meantime, they just get sicker and sicker and sometimes die.

What ever happened to that Hippocratic Oath, were it clearly states that a doctor is to help anyone in need of their services?

Yeah, the rich keep on getting richer, and the middle and lower class are suffering for it.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #14850 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
THAT'S WHAT I'M SCARED ABOUT!
Especially if there's those nutters like you see in movies and they come out of the woods o.O

Although, I must add, New Zealand has some scary people
Yea I agree, the barefoot, toothless, dirty, banjo playing hill folk I'm related to give me nightmares. JK my family is weird but awesome.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou