Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #331 
birdielikestomatoes

Would depend on where they would go, if they were in the kitchen area then the heater definitely would never be needed, but it if they were placed in the basement they might need the heater in the winter.

But I was just pointing out everything that was included with the 30g. All of that for $50.

I told my mom on the phone today that I filled our living room with axolotls and it was now my axolotl sanctuary, all she said was, "I wouldn't be surprised."

Maybe next time talk of vacations come up I'll start making plans to smuggle an axolotl or two into the house.

In the meantime however I'll just stalk this thread and continue on my mission to convince her, I'm on a mission so hopefully it won't take too long. Hopefully.

Or maybe I'll just try Sammy's method and tell them that I'm getting one. I've never done that before, I wonder how it'd go down.

But now I'm babbling so I'll shut up and go watch axolotls on youtube.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #332 
tpocicat

I'm still stalking this thread, even though I can't get one.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #333 
Badjer

@birdielikestomatoes: Axolotls only need heaters if they're in danger of actually freezing. Their ideal water temperature is in the 60-72 F range and they should never be kept any warmer than that. Actually a common healing method for axolotls is to stick them in the fridge when they're sick or injured! I highly suggest the caudata.org forum for anyone wanting to know more about these little guys!

I just contacted a breeder myself and should hopefully be getting two juvies next week! With luck, I'll get a leucistic and a melanoid. Keep us updated with your larvae Gizmo! I hope I can get mine to reproduce some day!
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #334 
birdielikestomatoes

I didn't know that about the fridge! Obviously if I were to get one I'd do much more research and I'd stalk an axolotl forum as well. I'm not about to get one with the little knowledge I have right now.

My basement got to 62 F just the other day. o-o But I doubt I would have the axie down there as I know my totsis would love to stare at them. I actually had to buy a 100w heater for my betta's 6g that's housed down there because the 50w couldn't handle the cold. But that's completely irrelevant I suppose.

tpocicat, if I ever get an axie or four you can come visit. That new cooler you'll be given will just be filled with drinks for your return visit. *suspicious eye twitch* ...Just drinks...

Also, we'll be wanting to see pics, lots and lots of pics, of your new juvies, Badjer.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #335 
tpocicat

I'm on my way!!! LOL
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #336 
Jupiter

Congrats on the batch Sammy!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #337 
Hershey

>Still following this thread.

Gah, I'm torn between a beardie or an axie now.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #338 
BettaQi

You can cuddle a beardie.
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #339 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
>Still following this thread.

Gah, I'm torn between a beardie or an axie now.

Beardies are sooo cool!!!

So are chinese water dragons!! If you don't know what they are I HIGHLY SUGGEST googling them :3

I had one before but got him on impulse and then found out how big they get! 3 feeet!!! They are so fun and cool though :3
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #340 
birdielikestomatoes

Guess who's started to seriously start looking up axolotl care? :D I tried Sammy's method of telling my Mom that I was going to get an axolotl within the next few months, I just had to get a tank, plant it, cycle it, get the food, so that she had time to mentally prepare and she seemed not to mind. Maybe because I've been going on about them nonstop for the past few weeks.

Anyway, I'm excited to start gathering supplies and learn more about axies. I even joined a certain salamander and newt forum.

Currently I'm eying this tank: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls

And once I get that I'm going to start perusing the classifieds for plants.