Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #31 
ToeBiter

What genre are you going for? and do you specifically want anime or is reading manga okay too? I have a list about a mile long if you tell me what you are in the mood for.
ToeBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #32 
ToeBiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
No but I've heard about it. It looks interesting, but money is going to be tight for me for the next 10 months. Which means less anime obsessions unless I can find it online for free. XD
you can find anime for free on animehere.com
http://www.animehere.com/

and manga at a couple of sites ( I would avoid MangaFox and One Manga as they are shutting down due to licensing and MangaFox is being boycotted by the scantillators due to some stealing). Here's a couple of sites though:
http://www.mangahere.com/
http://www.mangareader.net/

All of the above sites update fast and regularly... plus I've never had any weird downloads or viruses from them either. If you have any more questions, just pm me and I'm more than happy to help!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #33 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeBiter View Post
you can find anime for free on animehere.com
http://www.animehere.com/

and manga at a couple of sites ( I would avoid MangaFox and One Manga as they are shutting down due to licensing and MangaFox is being boycotted by the scantillators due to some stealing). Here's a couple of sites though:
http://www.mangahere.com/
http://www.mangareader.net/

All of the above sites update fast and regularly... plus I've never had any weird downloads or viruses from them either. If you have any more questions, just pm me and I'm more than happy to help!
Yeah...wierd downloads and viruses is part of the reason I buy anime. The other reason is principle. I know animators have to make money in all countries, so I'm basically stealing food from their mouths when I get anime for free. XD I've been using CrunchyRoll for anime, but the free side of the site kind of sucks compared to the pay site (Not that $99 a year is bad when you follow 5 animes at once and saw 3 animes from start to finish. ^_^;). So I see a paysite for anime as a happy medium.

But sometimes I honestly can't help but use free sites. I used to use MangaFox to follow GetBackers because the series was stopped before the end when Tokyo Pop went under. I also looked for a free site to read the end of Zatch Bell because that manga was "ended" for no apparent reason even when it was already complete in Japan. I am willing to give companies money if they will give me a product. But will they? NOooooo. If it isn't a huge Blockbuster like Naruto or Bleach it isn't worth it.

Don't even get me started on how they handled the dubbing for Zatch Bell. Maybe they would have had more sales of the manga if the T rated anime wasn't dumbed down to E for Cartoon Network. Then maybe they would have sold me the enter series instead of the series minus the last 3 takuban.

So....yeah.....thanks for the suggestions.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #34 
ToeBiter

I'm glad. I buy a lot of my anime/manga, but sometimes it just gets to the point where your wallet is crying. I feel your pain with the randomly stopped series though. You get so attached to them and then they just STOP. I always feel like crying a little bit when that happens. nothing you can do except move on to another series though.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #35 
nel3

I trust crunchy roll and anime season for free anime series. Crunchy roll has those annoying add but it's free. Animeseason.com hasn't given me any PC
issues of any sort and its the top I site I visit. That site doesn't air Naruto nor Bleach due to copyright issues but airs a lot of series.

I haven't trusted manga fox for a long time. Had two weird site hits on it and haven't been there again since.

I still buy a few manga series though I only do so for my favourite series. I also get anime DVDs once in a while but they can empty a wallet fast at times.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #36 
Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I like anime's with darkness. Like Supernatural the anime and black butler
Is Black Butlet dark? I watched maybe 10 episodes before deciding it wasn't my cup of tea, but I don't remember it being particularly dark...

Hm...

Elfen Lied I would strongly caution against. It's quite graphic, and imo the anime isn't very good anyway...the manga is better, if you're interested in the serious I would check that out instead.

Some I can think of off the top of my head are Darker Than Black, Monster, Hell Girl, Another (also rather bloody), Paranoia Agent (quite good imo), Perfect Blue (a favourite, but a little mature), Red Garden (another favourite), Deadman Wonderland (also pretty bloody I think...I've only read the manga), and Bokurano.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #37 
titusthebetta

If you want a dark anime, I recommend Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #38 
agunn1231

I have yet to see the Supernatural Anime, just railed through the whole series of live action though. AS for anime's Black Butler is good, Outlaw Star is one of my all time favorites. Azmanga Daioh is awesome too, it's a love it or hate it kinda thing though.

Edit: Forgot to add Hellgirl, only saw a few episodes on tv when i lived in Dorms, but i like it a lot.
agunn1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #39 
nel3

i loved Azumanga Diaoh, it took a while to get used to the humour but was very funny. ie the girl who nearly all cats hate lol.

i read the Hell Girl manga but didnt get into that story much. i enjoyed the plot twists but the whole notion behind the manga got repetetive.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #40 
DiiQue

I think you would love YU Yu Hakusho / Ghost Files / Ghost Fighter... Great series, my all time fav anime about a group of guys fighting monsters...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YuYu_Hakusho
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote