Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #41 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i am sorry, and your welcome. You made a difference in his life, even if it was a few short hours.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #42 
sunlight

sorry for your loss and thank you for trying. Poor guy at least he was in clean water :(
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #43 
Sakura8

I'm sorry. You gave him the best and most dignified end a fish could hope for. Far better than rotting at Walmart.

Unless you feed live bloodworms, there's no chance a fish could get internal parasites from bloodworms. Frozen and freeze-dried worms go through a rigorous sterilization process before hitting the market.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #44 
kc0vbl

Well, took the fish back and got another in exchange. The rest looked pretty healthy so I took one that looked the most like my little fish. I scrub everything down enough I though I was going to leave marks. Set the tank up and new fish is still in his plastic bowl getting used to the temp change. I've conditioned the water and added some stress coat. This is not a fantail like my first one, he seems to have solid fins with a space between the top part and the bottom part. I will have to look him up and see what kind he is.

Thanks again everyone for your help. As in the skinny pig community you all are ready to help anyone with questions and offer support. I am glad I found this site. I will start new tread to post photos of the new guy.

Diana
kc0vbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #45 
sunlight

I am glad you rescue another betta. But if you going to use the same tank i would really disinfect it. I think just hot water is not enough though.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #46 
kc0vbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
I am glad you rescue another betta. But if you going to use the same tank i would really disinfect it. I think just hot water is not enough though.

Oh yeah, took a scrub brush and antibacterial soap to it. Scrubed it for about 5 minutes then soaked it in the hotest water we have which is up in the 120s I think, we really love hot showers, specially in the winter. I just need to get a biobag and heater for him and hes gonna be fat and happy like my other two!
kc0vbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #47 
sunlight

sound good:)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #48 
rubinthebetta

Poor fishy. S.I.P.

Last edited by rubinthebetta; 10-19-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: 'Cuz
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #49 
headerthebettalover

i am so thankful that there are people out there trying to save bettas. you have a heart to want to try and save him. most people would have just picked a different betta and let him suffer and die. so good job:) im not an expert but i believe it looks like fungus. if you have a petsmart in town, you can take him there and have someone look at him for a more expirenced answer. hope this helps!
headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #50 
headerthebettalover

im so sorry for your loss. at least you helped give him a good home for a few hours.
headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote