Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #11 
sareena79

OMG that would work too! gorgeous :) wish I could afford him cuz id be all over that.
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #12 
MaggieLynn

The addiction is hard to fight I had 12 at one point >.< but after illness and old age and escape attempts I have 3. I want more and soon going to be rescuing but just make sure you can attend to all of their needs. I personally find I like having the 3 now because I feel I can devote more time to them, Bigger tanks that are not divided I can do more water changes because it isnt such a chore, two tanks I change water everyday now. It is hard to resist everytime I go into petco I want to bring some home.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #13 
sareena79

I just have one right now and hes spoiled rotten. Im not gonna get another until I can have atleast a 10gal to divide but thats it, no more than 2, and only if I can find the one I want (fish not tank) at a decent price. I have alot of other pets so I dont wanna overwhelm myself
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #14 
teeneythebetta

I love all the tail types.
But im more so fond towards VTs. Because the last betta I had was a VT and, well, because theyre more unwanted than the rest, I tend to be more fond of the unwanted types of animals.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #15 
MyRainbowBettaFish

right now i have 1 VT and 1 HMDT -i like HMs, but all bettas!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #16 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I love all the tail types.
But im more so fond towards VTs. Because the last betta I had was a VT and, well, because theyre more unwanted than the rest, I tend to be more fond of the unwanted types of animals.
the only thing i have against VTs is that since they're considered "useless" as show fish, very few people take the time to breed a variety of color patterns into them, which leads to a LOT of blue, red or blue-and-red fish, and we've already got a super-red and a blue-and-red VT that we love very much, but i like variety.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #17 
registereduser

I'm going to try rescuing and rehoming this winter. It might be hard to let them go.........................
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
the only thing i have against VTs is that since they're considered "useless" as show fish, very few people take the time to breed a variety of color patterns into them, which leads to a LOT of blue, red or blue-and-red fish, and we've already got a super-red and a blue-and-red VT that we love very much, but i like variety.
That and the fact that they are common- pretty much every store selling bettas has VTs, where as other tail types are either harder to find, or they are just more appealing to most people.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #19 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
That and the fact that they are common- pretty much every store selling bettas has VTs, where as other tail types are either harder to find, or they are just more appealing to most people.
yeah...i tend to go a lot more for color pattern than tail type, so if i ever found an AMAZINGLY colored VT i'd snap him up right away. it just seems to be so rare that you see one make it to a point of sale. most people cull them for being VTs, regardless of their color appeal.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #20 
Maddybelle

I saw a very pretty bright orange VT at my LFS yesterday...Fancy a road trip to Alabama, homegrown terror?
I've got a HMPK male, a DeT male, a HM male, and a HM female - and planning a rescue/rehome shortly, plus a HM spawn. Dear Lord, I've caught the betta fever, too!
I've owned every tail type except HMDT, CTPK, and DTCTPK. My favorites are the HMDT and the wild types! =)
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote