Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #11 
DoctorWhoLuver

@bettaparadise -
With mine, if you looked from the front of the betta under bright light, you could see what looked like dust sticking to his sides XD I literally freaked out when I saw it, and his fins were sticking together, plus, the fact that he was blind didn't help much :O
If it is velvet; I treated my two betta's tanks with Aquarium Salt and then used Pond Ich+ (for ponds, but it did the trick). It also helps to do 75% to 100% water changes everyday. I also kept them in the bathroom since the parasites need light to survive.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #12 
bettaparadise

Thank you for the suggestions. He never had the iridescent orange before, so it has to be from velvet. He just looked weird when I was feeding him, almost like he was lightening up in spots. Betta vitiligo, I guess would describe it. When the light is on him, and he hates that light with a raging passion, it was definitely orange dusty stuff. I have to go out and get him some stuff, since I didn't find my answer until around 2 AM, but his treatment will start today. I'm hoping to find some that is snail-safe, because whoever said bettas are slow swimmers have never met my betta. I think he's half cheetah, he goes so darn fast. I can't catch him to get him out.
bettaparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #13 
DoctorWhoLuver

Good luck with him!!
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #14 
ao
TFK Moderator

buy the medicine. but I would suggest to not treat your fih until it begins flashing. Velvet is one of those thibgs that are so commonly misdiagnosed. Since the treatment for velvet contains copper. it will do more harm than good if he doesn't have it...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coppersafe, gold, sick, velvet