Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #14881 
Sena Hansler

Worst. Place. Ever. Wow. Saw "Aquarium Central" and decided to pop in for a peek. Why not? :) The person who helped us (after we were waiting and waiting and finally went to get him) showed us to the female bettas, I pointed out the poor steel blue PK who was gasping at the bottom, tipped over. His reply: "She probably got the S*** beat out of her -laugh-". No duh, man. You have -had- five females together in a tank with a couple java ferns! He also said after "she'll just be fed to another fish" Which if she did not have dropsy I would have taken her for free, and they were willing, but dropsy is the end of the line sadly (he did not even know what it was). I should've taken her though, since then she would have died somewhat comfortabley and the other fish would NOT have been fed an ill fish.

Oh and he said "they kill each other all the time." and "bettas are so prone to dropsy." AND "They kill each other more in planted tanks." -face palm with a BRICK-

REVIEW: 0/5 stars. Bad language and misinformation is not acceptable in a so called professional work place. The small amount of fish, mainly cold water, were also sick, dying, dead, or crammed into too-small tanks. As for the betta fish, they were placed with aggressive or non-community fins causing tattered fins, damaged scales, and damaged face plates. -.- I would go to the PJ'S PETS in West Edmonton Mall before going back there. Ever. Again.

Speaking of that store, they too had female bettas together. Well...had... Three females. One was dead. The other two were so beaten up, and covered in the disgusting sores and fuzz of columnaris they were barely recognizable as bettas.

Lame. I cannot WAIT to open my own fish store. I'll make it a priority to know my fish, care, and best of all... customer service to a T.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #14882 
teeneythebetta

Le rant.

I dont fit in anywhere.
Online.
In person.
I feel like everywhere I go I am just unwanted and often times just not agknowledged. -_-

Sometimes I just question my existance.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #14883 
dramaqueen
Banned

Teeney, you fit in here just fine. You're a respected member of this forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #14884 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Teeney, you fit in here just fine. You're a respected member of this forum.
Agreed. I love Teeney!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #14885 
Shirleythebetta

Ugg! More crickets are chirping away underneath my fridge. My husband is no longer allowed to feed my pacman frog since he can't feed them without dropping them on the floor. And of course they have to find one of the hardest places in the house to catch them. I can't reuse them as feeders either since they are under the fridge. I won't use them because fridges have grease and what not underneath so I lose 10 cents a cricket when he drops them if I don't catch them right away. *Sigh*
Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #14886 
Creat

Is the pacman to big to eat younger crickets? The females and young crickets dont chirp. I am the freak who goes and picks out the individual crickets >.> I got big males for me cresty once.... never again...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:45 PM   #14887 
Sena Hansler

Teeney in person sucks stick with us :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #14888 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Is the pacman to big to eat younger crickets? The females and young crickets dont chirp. I am the freak who goes and picks out the individual crickets >.> I got big males for me cresty once.... never again...
He is still a baby so I get small size but I don't think they keep up with transferring them well. If I were to guess he is about 2 inches or so from nose to his back. He is a little bigger than a... fifty cent piece? He can handle the large but some of the smalls get big the way I keep them. I keep them in a critter keeper so I feed them and give them that jelly stuff for liquids. I buy hundreds at a time too because he eats, well, like a pacman frog. Crickets grow so crazy fast!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #14889 
Rosso1011

Teeney, don't say such things. We heart you here. At least I do.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:38 AM   #14890 
Rosso1011

Mini rant: I have been sleep deprived and sick for long enough that these past few days have been a blur. I'm trying to stay up because I'm going back to work tomorrow night, I'm not feeling 100% better yet, and quite frankly it's difficult staying up this late on my own. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I was laid-off for a week and was lucky enough to have been put on the list for work this week since they predicted a 1 to 2 week layoff for most employees.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou