Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #11 
Laki

We're thinking about switching Oliver to Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul, Adult light formula.
I don't know if I mentioned it above but he prefers drinking water from his fountain to actually eating wet food. So I guess this is normal?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #12 
teeneythebetta

One of my cats will eat anything I put in front of him.

The other one will eat pretty much any dry food but is picky about which wet food she likes.
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #13 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
One of my cats will eat anything I put in front of him.

The other one will eat pretty much any dry food but is picky about which wet food she likes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Same here. Martini won't eat wet food at all and Tucker loves it. They both like hard "Merrick Before Grain" in chicken, though.

However, my problem is that my cats refuse to drink from their water dish. Is it because it is metal maybe? I should try a ceramic one and see if that helps. They both liked drinking from a fountain but Martini decided she likes to constantly paw at the water and spill it all so the pump broke. She now begs anyone who goes into the bathroom to turn the bathtub on a little bit so she can go in there and put her face in the stream of water and drown herself. Legit, she starts coughing and everything because she inhales it while lapping it. Shes not that smart. Tucker just drinks from my cup of water :) I'd let Martini drink from my cup too but, again, she would paw it over and spill it onto my computer desk.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #14 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Same here. Martini won't eat wet food at all and Tucker loves it. They both like hard "Merrick Before Grain" in chicken, though.

However, my problem is that my cats refuse to drink from their water dish. Is it because it is metal maybe? I should try a ceramic one and see if that helps. They both liked drinking from a fountain but Martini decided she likes to constantly paw at the water and spill it all so the pump broke. She now begs anyone who goes into the bathroom to turn the bathtub on a little bit so she can go in there and put her face in the stream of water and drown herself. Legit, she starts coughing and everything because she inhales it while lapping it. Shes not that smart. Tucker just drinks from my cup of water :) I'd let Martini drink from my cup too but, again, she would paw it over and spill it onto my computer desk.

Well, cats are naturally attracted to running water, so probably because now that she has had it, thats all she wants. lol she sounds like a goofy girl!
Ive used merrick one time, they have a canned variety called Thanksgiving dinner that I got my babies for thanksgiving. Patrick ate it but Baby refused so she had Blue buffalo wilderness turkey canned food instead. Picky little turd ;)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #15 
Viva

Yeah my cats love the Thanksgiving Dinner flavor as well :D
Old 10-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

We have all our cats except the oldest on Wellness dry and tin. Our siamese is allergic to I suspect corn as she used to vomit up any cereal-heavy food we gave her.

The oldest one however, lives as an indoor/outdoor cat and the amount of things I have seen him eat is astounding. Our neighbour throws scraps out to the bird and so he routinely eats old expired mince, chicken, sausage and all the old bread that has been sitting over there exposed to the elements. He used to also get into their bird feeder and eat the seed out of it.

It's so aggravating as if you feed him any of the better brands of food he will not eat them and instead goes out and gorges himself on whatever he catches and the scraps. He was up in our neighbours' house the other day sniffing around for food. They are elderly and think food equals love and he has the 'I'm starving' routine down pat.

Everyone does really well on the Wellness however. Our cats had lost weight when we took them into the vets recently and their coats are so sleek and shiny with no dandruff or dryness. It is like crack for cats. I had a scoop of dry in my wardrobe from their breakfast and the Siamese was just sitting outside my wardrobe all day trying to figure out how to get in.

They all prefer drinking out of my fish tanks to drinking out of their bowls. Don't know if it's because the water is warm or has an earthier taste to it but one of our cats was very put out when I covered them all up so he couldn't get into them!
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #17 
Laki

For the fountain, I think Catit makes one with a screen over the top so cats cannot play with the output, then it runs into a small compartment like a regular bowl then back under to be filtered again..Let me find a link..I think all cats should have fountains!!
http://www.amazon.com/Drinkwell-FWB-...312747-3600941
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:50 AM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

So feeding a cat wet food makes sense, because they can put more meat than other stuff in it, but what about their teeth? Is it necessary to brush a cats teeth? I just learned that it is necessary to brush a dogs teeth...and what about dogs? I heard that dry food is better for them....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #19 
Viva

I feed dry in morning and wet at night, that way the dry cleans their teeth and the wet hydrates. I'm sure its beneficial to brush a cat's teeth, but I'd leave it to the professionals if you think its necessary because otherwise you could get a nasty bite and really upset cat.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #20 
finnfinnfriend

Well that makes sense. And it also makes sense that dry food can be great for dogs because their diet allows for a little bit of fruit & veggie...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote