Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #1 
carolinagirl

Big move coming

Hi y'all. We have a pretty big move coming up in about 8 months and we will be on the road for 2-3 days probably. It's a move from Texas to Georgia and with 3 kids and 2 dogs, it will probably be slow going!!

I have searched other threads but I don't remember seeing one where it would take so long. I'm sure I can put my 2 bettas in their cups but to do when we stop for the night? Can they stay in a cup that long or will I need to put them in smaller tanks at night (I have a 2 gal and a 1 gal). I am going to let the movers take the 10 gal tank but ultimately I want to set that one up when we get settled.

I guess I'm just not prepared to move with fish. Dogs are one thing but fish are completely different!! I know my guys are tough but I don't want to stress them out moving them every morning from a larger tank to their cups and then driving for 8 hrs or so. Any tips?? I love my bettas and don't want to have to give them up. HELP!!
carolinagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 AM   #2 
cjz96

I put my guys in a box. In between them, put news paper so they don't move. You can put the box in between your feet or somewhere where you can keep a close eye on them. As for water changes, bring a gallon or two of conditioned water on the go, a turkey baster, and cups. Since it won't be more than a week, you can probably get away with partial changes with the baster. For emergencies, you can use a cup for full water changes. The hotel should be heated if it's cold. Unless one of your fish is ill, a few days without a heater should be fine since the box and newspaper should insulate them enough.
Also wanted to add: If it's REALLY cold, you can also stuff heating packs or hand warmers in the box. Just keep an eye on the temp.

Last edited by cjz96; 10-21-2012 at 10:51 AM.
cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote