Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #31 
PinkGuava

Wonderful video! I'm super excited for you as I own wilds myself too!
PinkGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #32 
RichardA

Acclimate them SLOWLY

Wilds are not as shock resistant as splendens are.

LittleBettaFish pretty much covered all you need to do otherwise.
RichardA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #33 
Setsuna

so after the spawning session i waiting till night time(midnight) to take out the female because my tanks was a 5.5 gallon and i didnt have as much plants for the female to hide in.
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #34 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGuava View Post
Wonderful video! I'm super excited for you as I own wilds myself too!
wat do you have? mahachai? smaragdina? imbellis too?
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #35 
blueridge

Awesome video!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 AM   #36 
Setsuna

Okay guys I'm updating you guys a little. So I took out the female at night when she's sleeping and now the male is left with the eggs. The seller that I bought the pair from. him and I becames friends and I showed him the video of the pair spawned then he gave me a few tips that I didn't know. He said don't feed the male and just let the male eat the egg shells and the unfertilized eggs wait 5 days later then take him out of the tank by hand and try not to bother the male during the time he's caring for the egg it's best for him. So from here I'm just going to do wat he says and see wat happens next.

Last edited by Setsuna; 10-18-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #37 
PitGurl

Who did you buy the pair from?
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #38 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
Who did you buy the pair from?
not sure if i want to blast his name on here unless i ask him if i can

Last edited by Setsuna; 10-18-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #39 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
Note, I'm just starting to research this as well, but based on what I'm finding so far, the conditions needed for breeding differ slightly for each species. For imbellis, a few differences from splendens:

- Imbellis can be kept in pairs full time in a 10 gal tank with lots of cover and plants.
- Imbellis prefer slightly cooler water than splendens, mid 70's to low 80's maximum
- Spawning is very similar to splendens, imbellis are bubblenesters, and I think the female does not need to be removed from the tank after spawning?

Also sending you a PM with a link to more info.

I am considering getting a wild pair myself so I will definitely be subscribing to your thread! How did you decide to go with the imbellis? I have been looking at some smaragdina and mahachai pairs, but if you end up with babies for sale I would totally be interested in a pair from you.
i have had alot of tips from the seller after showing him the spawning video of the pair. i'll post all the things i ask him and his replys on here

• Me
    • should i leave to female in the tank or take her out?
    • yea
    Answer

• If you have big tank with many plants for her to hiding then you no need to take her out, but I saw your tank are not many plants so better you take her out after she finished the egg.
    Me

• okay
  • Answer
    • But you no need to take her out right now, you can take her when you close all the lighting and after 1 hour you use a flashlight and see if she are sleeping at the beside far from the nest then you can slowly the her out.
  • Me
    • okay
  • Answer
    • Then better have a cover for the tank, don't let the wind blow the surface of the water and no need to feed the male and don't make any sound.
    Me
  • okay

Answer
    • Better don't see him ok? Haha..
    Me

• hahaha
    • that i cant promise
    • i want to see when the frys hatch and swim
    • do i have to take out them male after the frys swim?
    Answer

• Don't disturb him man.. After 5 days you can take him out by the hand slowly when he sleeping.
    Me

• okay
    Answer

• After you take out the female please feed her because she is hungry and pity..
    Me

• okay
    Answer

Male can eat the egg cover and the egg without sperm, so please don't feed him!
    Me
    k

Last edited by Setsuna; 10-18-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #40 
JikoJiko

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
i have had alot of tips from the seller after showing him the spawning video of the pair. i'll post all the things i ask him and his replys on here

• Me
    • should i leave to female in the tank or take her out?
    • yea
    Answer

• If you have big tank with many plants for her to hiding then you no need to take her out, but I saw your tank are not many plants so better you take her out after she finished the egg.
    Me

• okay
  • Answer
    • But you no need to take her out right now, you can take her when you close all the lighting and after 1 hour you use a flashlight and see if she are sleeping at the beside far from the nest then you can slowly the her out.
  • Me
    • okay
  • Answer
    • Then better have a cover for the tank, don't let the wind blow the surface of the water and no need to feed the male and don't make any sound.
    Me
  • okay

Answer
    • Better don't see him ok? Haha..
    Me

• hahaha
    • that i cant promise
    • i want to see when the frys hatch and swim
    • do i have to take out them male after the frys swim?
    Answer

• Don't disturb him man.. After 5 days you can take him out by the hand slowly when he sleeping.
    Me

• okay
    Answer

• After you take out the female please feed her because she is hungry and pity..
    Me

• okay
    Answer

Male can eat the egg cover and the egg without sperm, so please don't feed him!

Me
    k

You seem to have a hold mindful or things about These Imbellis.... My male is partly bred with an Imbellis so he Shares the Long body and thin width or Imbellis... But because his father was not an imbellis... His form shows some part of regular domestic bettas... But if you saw him you would know that he has Imbellis genes in him....

Anyways... to the point....

I do not know if any one told you this and I am pretty sure some one did or you already know... but ... with my breeding the Half Imbellis... He seems to be able to care for his fry longer than the regular Domestic bettas... inwhich they say that they eat their fry about 3 days after hatching...

I kept the Half male Imbellis with his Babies for about a week after his eggs hatched... The female was also a half bred Imbellis though I tool her out since he was destroying her finnage... But I think that Imbellis, since they are near wild most of the time.. still caring the wild breeding strain of caring for there fry untill the fry can run away by its self...

NOTE: During the half imbellis's care for his eggs to hatching i still fed him regularly with live larvae and bloodworms... Still he acted normal... catching his fry and spitting them back near the nest... though I did see that some fry (instinct) ran away from him... yet he didnt eat them he jus caught them and threw them back up near the nest...

Ofcourse he prob ate like two - five but still I have this sense that Imbellis wilds will take care of there fry at a longer rate compared to the domesticated Betta that everyone talks about. : P
JikoJiko is offline   Reply With Quote