Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 
agilles

Betta with a white spot on gill, please help

My Betta fish (Agilles) has had a white spot on his gill for two-ish weeks and it has now spread into what looks like a white line, can anyone help me and Agilles with a diagnosis
Attached Images

agilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Looks kind of like Fungus.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #3 
agilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Looks kind of like Fungus.

oh ok i thought so >.<..now to look into what type it could be..poor agilles
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Aquarium salt, IAL, and medicine at pet stores helps and what is Temp and Diet.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

Does he have any other symptoms? Are you sure it's fungus and not his normal coloring? By two weeks I would expect other symptoms to show up if it were fungus.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #6 
agilles

ok i plan to get him a heater this week although he has one but his water temperatur varies from 22 to 27 because i live in a cold climate on average its around 24 most of the time.. i feed him betta bites made by HBH..

In reply to Doctorwholuver..at first the white marking you can see was very tiny like a dot and ive had him for just over 2 weeks now and i just noticed its gotten bigger as you can see in picture so that worried me... i plan to take hs water to the fish store this week to get its levels tested and see what they have to say.. Other then that he's always happy whenever he see's me and is very active.. at night he goes to sleep under the tree i got him around 11pm and stays there for a while...its so cute lol
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #7 
agilles

I had many to choose from (betta's) but i chose this one because he was different not only in colour but personality and was much smaller then all the others.. i wish i could have saved them all!!! he's the most placid fishy i've ever came across he loves it when i give him attention ..since ive gotten him he's gained a sky blue colour and has red streaks through his fins ..i love love love him!! He's my first fishy tooo