Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #81 
aaroncm

That kinda insane, actually.... And nice pic =)
I don't really know you or many others here yet, I'm also new, but it's good you're staying, I will be ^^
aaroncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #82 
Mo

Awesome for teeney!
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #83 
teeneythebetta

"Your fish is dead and it's all your fault."
WOW. That makes me love people. x.x
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #84 
MoonShadow

I am soooo sorry about what you are going through! It's absolutely not fair... I could never imagine treating someone that way! I know what its like to be socially awkward, I have awful social anxiety issues, I'm good with one or 2 people, but in groups, even if I know everyone, I just kind of sit in a corner. I am always here if you need someone to talk to! Please do not ever hesitate to message me on here or facebook, even if you just want to chat!! **Big Hugs!!**
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #85 
gn3ranger

well i just went through 9 pages of this really sad, but at-least you found her a good home.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #86 
ANHEL123

wow i don't even know what to say. Have tears ... Not sure if it right what you father did though. I hope he is good to you? Sound like step father. Are you ok , is he treating your right way? I feel bad for you. First when i talk to you through the visitor messages i though you family is animal lovers, since you have a few dogs. Not sure why he had do it to you , if all he has to do just talk to you if there is any issue and try to understand you and resolve it.

Good luck yo you i am glad you didn't quite the forum. Some day soon you will adult and can live along and hopefully do in your home what you want to do and have pets on your own without asking permission ....you will be there , just get good grades . Hugs :) Sorry.

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #87 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
wow i don't even know what to say. Have tears ... Not sure if it right what you father did though. I hope he is good to you? Sound like step father. Are you ok , is he treating your right way? I feel bad for you. First when i talk to you through the visitor messages i though you family is animal lovers, since you have a few dogs. Not sure why he had do it to you , if all he has to do just talk to you if there is any issue and try to understand you and resolve it.

Good luck yo you i am glad you didn't quite the forum. Some day soon you will adult and can live along and hopefully do in your home what you want to do and have pets on your own without asking permission ....you will be there , just get good grades . Hugs :) Sorry.

Dont worry about me, he doesnt hurt me.
He does like dogs, but to him a fish is just a fish. He doesnt think of it has a life just as deserving as any other. TBH I'm actually 'the' animal person in my family. aha.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #88 
ANHEL123

Then may be you can just talk to him and let him know that he has to respect your interest to fish and may be on your birthday or just because he understands and loves you ,you can have a betta! I also had argument with my father all my life . He was good father , i think it was more my foul., Now when i don't live with my perants i kind of regred about all those arguments. But he really was not too strict with me, and i always had what i want. Any way i am sure he want the best for you.

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #89 
DoctorWhoLuver

Awww... I'm so sorry... that's so sad! :'(
I would've been really mad at my dad if he told me to flush one of my babies down the toilet...
I'm so glad you found her a good home :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #90 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post

As for programs and volunteering.. I used to volunteer at a no kill animal shelter and I LOVED it. I LOVEEEDDD it. And for some reason my social issues were not existent there- I had no anxiety or fear talking to total strangers. It was weird.

But my dad took that away too.
I have social Anxiety too and was very shy as a kid and my anxiety got worse as I got older too in High School. But when I am around animals I'm not shy anymore and can talk to people too just like you were when you volunteered. Yeah it is wierd for me too.

Animals take the fear and anxiety out of me, so I am going to have my cat and fish certified as "Emotional Support Animals" by my therapist So by law I can live anywhere I want, even in places that say no pets allowed. I wont even have to pay any pet deposits either. You can even take Emotional Support animals to college too If your Betta was already an emotional support animal your dad would not have been able to make you get rid of it. I feel bad for what you had to do. At least your Betta will be in good hands. And I'm glad you are going to stay after all!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote