Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #21 
nel3

id like to suggest telling your parents that the fish will die from sickness if you dont change the water. though i dont know if that'll work given their interest in keeping up with water changes. they may say that they'll replcae the fish if it dies but its worth a shot to say that to them.

@dramaqueen: i had instances of my parents taking care of my pets when i was young ie 2 snapping turtles and 2 hamsters. me and my brother were too young to take care of them and hearing from the employee about seperate cages for the 2 hamsters. me and my brother wanted serperate cages but we got vetoed. i think some parents think they may know everything when its not the case or rather not go the extra mile to treat the animal better.

no offens to you Little Leaf, i wish you the best of luck in sneaking water changes for your fish.

Last edited by nel3; 10-21-2012 at 03:14 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #22 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Why in the world would parents let their child have a pet then not allow the child to take care of it?
We only have one side of the story, the side of a child that seems to thrive on drama.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #23 
asukabetta

It could help to educate your parents in betta care and proving you wish to show your responsible nature by taking proper care of the fish. Try printing out an article or something about betta care, show them this forum so they can see you aren't doing water changes on a whim.

that could help.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #24 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
err... I got Aq salt, it's my 5th day of treatment now...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #25 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
We only have one side of the story, the side of a child that seems to thrive on drama.
I don't get it.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #26 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
It could help to educate your parents in betta care and proving you wish to show your responsible nature by taking proper care of the fish. Try printing out an article or something about betta care, show them this forum so they can see you aren't doing water changes on a whim.

that could help.
ok, I'll try that :)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #27 
nel3

i dont mean to annoy you with this post but you can edit your posts. theres an edit button on the bottom right of your post. you''l be able to edit the original post only 20 minutes after originally posting it. it'll help keep double posting to a minimum.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #28 
DoctorWhoLuver

No water changes? :O
My parents were a bit annoyed when I did water changes 'cause I'm really clumsy and tend to splash water all over the marble floor (according to them, marble soaks up water).
That's so nice that your friend is helping you, good luck! :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #29 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i dont mean to annoy you with this post but you can edit your posts. theres an edit button on the bottom right of your post. you''l be able to edit the original post only 20 minutes after originally posting it. it'll help keep double posting to a minimum.
but I'm not annoyed! :)

and thanks for mentioning this
Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #30 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leaf View Post
but I'm not annoyed! :)

and thanks for mentioning this
NP, i beleive there are some limits for double posting as far as spamming will come into play but i dont think you ever got near that at any time.