So a week or so ago I went to the store and came back to an exploded 55 long tank. It was as close to level as we were going to get it and we aren't really positive what happened except that the seems suck and that the person who sold it to me said it should still be water bearing (lies I say!). Upon further inspection, it turns out that it may have been a terrarium and not an aquarium... grrrrr.... I know know to inspect them better- even if it is only $20.
Back to the point though. My roomie was able to save all of the 50+ Malawi cichlids, the 2 rescue common plecos, and the crayfish. YAY! Creat, I WUVS U!
they then lived in a giant bucket with an aerator. Of those that survived a week of that, they have now been separated into my favorites that I'm keeping in a 35 gallon and the rest are going to the pet store that I work at.
My problem now is that I have an empty area that I just HAVE TO FILL! We are debating between a couple ideas and I want opinions/ any other ideas floating out there. We already have:
- 75 gallon planted show tank w/ gourami, ropefish, crayfish, tiretrack eel, female betas, bristlenose pair
- 35 gallon with common pleco, and 15/20 ish malawi cichlids
- 35 gallon with barbs, huge bircher, and my other gourami
- 10 gallon green tank (purpose is for my baby veno.s and to grow hair algae/java moss for beta spawns) w/ guppies, 3m.o. Venestus babies x2, platties
- a room dedicated to beta breeding
- and then the other pets (dogs, chickens, finches, lizard, etc.)
We are looking to do something new and these were our ideas:
- native tank
- bare bottom with something epic (like a wolf fish or Arrowana)
- freshwater stingray (we want to name him guber)