Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #11 
ANHEL123

He is soooo gourgeous. It not bad at all. He looked a little bit more bloated on another picture. How many pellets you feed him at once. If he get a little bloated after you feed him then this is the answer. Do you know when last time he pooped. And like LebronTheBetta recommended daphnia is really help and also good source of the protein.
He is not badly bloated. It just if he will get worse make sure you don't overfeed. It really better to split pellets for a few times than give him at once since that he got a little bit bloated.
And also if he will get worse , i hope he don't have it, just make sure his poo is normal color and shape , make sure he don't have internal parasites. But otherwise he looks healthy.
Do you cycle your tank?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #12 
rmarkham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
He is soooo gourgeous. It not bad at all. He looked a little bit more bloated on another picture. How many pellets you feed him at once. If he get a little bloated after you feed him then this is the answer. Do you know when last time he pooped. And like LebronTheBetta recommended daphnia is really help and also good source of the protein.
He is not badly bloated. It just if he will get worse make sure you don't overfeed. It really better to split pellets for a few times than give him at once since that he got a little bit bloated.
And also if he will get worse , i hope he don't have it, just make sure his poo is normal color and shape , make sure he don't have internal parasites. But otherwise he looks healthy.
Do you cycle your tank?

I saw him poo a little yesterday, and it was normal looking. I do have a cycled tank, filtered, heated etc. I said what my parameters were in my first post.

About 2 days ago I did accidentally fed him way too many pellets, like over 10.. I didn't mean to drop that many in and i thought I was in the clear and that he wouldn't eat them.. but he found them all! Normally I try to feed 2-4 pellets at a time, and generally I do that once a day. My other male has been fine on that schedule, but every fish is different I guess. I am going to call around and find the nearest Petsmart that has daphnia first thing tomorrow morning and that will be the next thing this boy eats.

Do you think he looked skinny in the Pictures from when I first brought him home? I know he wasn't as colorful, and I can tell that his fins have already gotten longer..
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #13 
ANHEL123

I think your fish looks perfectly fine. 10 pellets lol that is why he was a little bit bloated.You don't need to put him in the hospital tank. He definitely looks better than on first picture.
Do you cycle his 2.5 gall?
Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #14 
rmarkham

He's in a 5 gallon, and yes it is cycled, it was cycled before I put him in it. I'm running out today to get some daphnia to make sure everything's cleaned out. He's been poking around and looking for food all morning.. poor guy. I guess I'm a little freaked out because he looks so much bigger in the newer pictures than when I got him.. but I'm sure he was a bit malnourished from being at petco in a tiny cup.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #15 
ANHEL123

I want to give you a few links, i think it a lot of helpful information you can find about cycling. If from Oldfishlady she is the best about cycling, you never know you might find something new and helpful. I don't cycle but i love Oldfishlady instructions.
cycling http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758
Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #16 
rmarkham

All my tanks are cycled... and I already know quite a bit about the importance of having a strong biological filter... thanks but not only do I have a few years experience, I'm also a microbiologist and understand the in and outs of the biochemical process behind the nitrogen cycle.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #17 
ANHEL123

sorry i sent you a few more links but i really didn't see your last response though.