Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #31 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I only have Hornwort and Anacharis but lots of it and a little Christmas moss. I would love to get more of any kind moss if anyone has any for sell let me know..Thanks !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #32 
BettaQi

I am interested in a crypt and an Anubias and is the needle fern the one that looks like lace?
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Lol! yes. and the space for a 10 gallon too =D
I found the room for both tanks in a standard room I have a window seal that is part of the house and a table plus my 10 does not take up a ton of room.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #34 
candyman995

wow theres so much choice but my local store only stocks the same 5 plants usually so may have to branch out to get some more.

All mine are green as well so which would add some viberant colour to the tank to give it more appeal.

Theres a lot to take in with learning all the correct names...... they arnt labelled well at the store either just coded so i cant get names from the staff -_-
candyman995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #35 
Tikibirds

I either got the plants from members here or I ordered it online. Not much selection locally - sometimes I find an actual aquatic plant in a tube at petco but even then - its usually dead or dying.

Quote:
i do suggest dwarf saggitaria. micro swords also do well if your lightin is good enough. usually carpeting plants need co2 and highlight considerations, otherwise they wont carpet and will grow upwards instead.
would liquid Co2 work? I have a bottle of that and a bottle of API leaf something and a small bottle of Aqueon's plant nutrient stuff.

Lighting is a basic T8. Is there a better bulb to get? I don't want to buy a new or expensive light strip and I know zoo med has a bunch of different tube lights but I dont know if they are for reef tanks or what. ALso I am not sure of they work with the aqueon light strip I have (current bulb has 2 prongs if that means anything)
...lighting confuses me
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #36 
Viva

To add CO2 to my 10gal tank I use one of the Nutrafin Natural Plant System kits. It's basically a canister that you put sugar, water and two different packets the kit comes with. The canister hooks up to a bubble-holder with some tubing and the bubbles hang out in it inside the tank. I believe you can just buy some yeast and some other ingredient from the grocery store to refill the canisters monthly instead of buying the packet refills from Nutrafin.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #37 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
To add CO2 to my 10gal tank I use one of the Nutrafin Natural Plant System kits. It's basically a canister that you put sugar, water and two different packets the kit comes with. The canister hooks up to a bubble-holder with some tubing and the bubbles hang out in it inside the tank. I believe you can just buy some yeast and some other ingredient from the grocery store to refill the canisters monthly instead of buying the packet refills from Nutrafin.
Oooh I'll take a look at that :) thanks for the info :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #38 
starrlamia

radican sword, marble queen radican, some unnamed sword plant lol, java fern, java moss, dwarf sag, cabomba, ludwigia repens, moneywort, crypt wendtii, wisteria.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #39 
Silverfang

Two tanks, lots of plants- yet not enough!

Brazillian Pennywort
Moneywort
Cabomba - (I'm dieing to find red!)
a few swords (amazon I think)
Hygro of some sort (probably more than one kind)
Java fern (most of the big stuff has decided to brown and die off- lots of babies though) Wendti and regular
Several anubis, nana and other.
Java moss
several crypts
2 moss balls (with one more in QT)
wisteria!

and a few more I'm not sure of

OH! and salvinia, lots of it. I'm throwing out piles of it every week.

Last edited by Silverfang; 10-24-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #40 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Oooh I'll take a look at that :) thanks for the info :D

Yeah it's really easy. My plants have only been here about 2 weeks but here's my setup:

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote