Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #11 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I can't tell from the pics but something definately happened to his fins possible finrot or a kid dumped him in the same cup as another betta at one point. Poor guy he is probably a veil tail but can't be sure from that pic.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #12 
BettaFx

Most likely a VT. really lovely guy =]! Feed him lots and water change really often to promote fin growth with aquarium salt added eachtime for minerals and antibacterial. absolutely do not want fin rot on him. dont bother with medication ;p it'll stress him out

my opinion a bit thin so try to boost the protein content.

BettaFx,
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:01 AM   #13 
yappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFx View Post
Most likely a VT. really lovely guy =]! Feed him lots and water change really often to promote fin growth with aquarium salt added eachtime for minerals and antibacterial. absolutely do not want fin rot on him. dont bother with medication ;p it'll stress him out

my opinion a bit thin so try to boost the protein content.

BettaFx,
I am doing 100% water change every week. He is showing great progress which is visible day to day. I need to get some aquarium salt which I couldn't find in the store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
I can't tell from the pics but something definately happened to his fins possible finrot or a kid dumped him in the same cup as another betta at one point. Poor guy he is probably a veil tail but can't be sure from that pic.
Two pet shops over here made fun of me when I said I have a tank for betta. Suggested me to pick up a small bowl & use the tank for other fishes as I am wasting the space for only one.

By that I know they know nothing about bettas & how bad their care will be for bettas. Most of the bettas stocked were suffering from fin rot
yappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #14 
yappa

I am feeding hime 3 pallets a day & frozen dired bloodworms (3-4) once in a week. I am still struggling to find live or frozen bloodworms/shrimps. Any changes or suggestions here!?

Last edited by yappa; 10-24-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #15 
Setsuna

Hes a VT
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #16 
Kytkattin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappa View Post
I am feeding hime 3 pallets a day & frozen dired bloodworms (3-4) once in a week. I am still struggling to find live or frozen bloodworms/shrimps. Any changes or suggestions here!?
Make sure you rehydrate the freeze dried ones. Pellets are hard to gauge because they can be such different sizes. I have a pellet that is so small I feed 10+ on days I do feed. Just don't feed more than what would figuratively fit on his eyeball and you will be fine!

If you look in the petstore for frozen, they are often in fridges tucked away in a wall, or ask an employee if they have them. Sometimes they are stored in the back.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #17 
MyRainbowBettaFish

hes a Veitail, but he either bit some of his tail off or cut it on something, so it is healing :)'

Blue and red are actually a very dominant trait in bettas, but he is still gorgeous!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #18 
yappa

His tail has started to grow, can't wait to see him with full grown fins
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #19 
Hallyx
Reference Team

His tail will grow back fine with lots of clean, warm water and protein. No need for aquarium salt, but you might want to add another 50% water change per week...maybe two.

What are you using for water conditioner? API Stress Coat (conditioner) is good for fin repair, if you can find it in Bangalore.

Welcome to the forum, Yappa.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #20 
yappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
His tail will grow back fine with lots of clean, warm water and protein. No need for aquarium salt, but you might want to add another 50% water change per week...maybe two.

What are you using for water conditioner? API Stress Coat (conditioner) is good for fin repair, if you can find it in Bangalore.

Welcome to the forum, Yappa.
I am not using any conditioner as of now and using water which is purified by household water purifier. API stress coat wasn't available in stores but it is available on ebay (imported) which I just ordered. Thanks for suggestion

I am enjoying being here & most of my time in a day is going into researching about bettas, kinda obsession it's become!!