Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #14961 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
WOW I FEEL SO STUPID.
Im almost too embaressed to even share this. lol.

Anyways I was hanging up some pictures and the thing I was standing on (its like a little stand thingy) fell over and I hit my head on the window sill. (LOL omg i dont blame anyone whos laughing)
Anyways it was bleeding all over, like really bad. It didnt hurt very much but then my mom came in and told me she was worried that i was losing too much blood then i started to freak out cos i didnt want to have to like go to the hospital. But so anyways we got it to stop bleeding and i washed my hair it was so gross.
Head wounds bleed a lot so it is probably better than it looked. I am no doctor though, so just make sure you take it easy for the rest of the day and if you even feel slightest bit off, let your mom know.

When I was a little kid my mom and I were dropping my uncle off at the airport, and I was jumping up and down crying for her to pick me up while she was making a call at a phone stand. I hit the crown of my head on the edge of the stand and I started crying and when my mom rubbed my head, her hand came away bloody. They called the airport medics, but they said I didn't need stitches, it was only cus it was a head wound it looked like there was so much blood. I still have the small dent in my head though, haha.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #14962 
twolovers101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
>:( Rant: I am so so so done with one of my roommates. She has the audacity to compalin at me about not cleaning my stuff after she leaves her stuff around all the time. I have had to clean so many dishes because she cant freaking do them. She likes to pretend to eat healthy and lets the food rot in the fridge after she changes her mind (and in the sink). She also likes to clean (once in a freaking blue moon!) And moves all my stuff somewhere like in another roomates room for me to later find. The last straw happened today she went on another cleaning spree and I came home one of my roommates (ToeBiter on here) fish tank is on my bed... THE WHOLE TANK IS ON MY BED. Then I went through another pile off stuff with another roommate (she is a designer and rather nice) and I find my mail from months ago lone and behold there was a bill from the doctor months old saying my insurance didnt go through and I owed them 148$ GUESS HOW MUCH THATS COMPOUNDED TOO?! Way more then she has, let me tell you, because even with all her complaining she never ever ever EVER pays rent on time. I AM SO DONE. It takes a lot to get me mad I am extremely level headed but this was my last straw (not to mention she stuck piles of clothes in my room THAT WERE HERS). I might be on the news tonight doing something to someone.... *grumble grumble*
I'm having a similar issue with one of my roommates... I'm hardly EVER at my apartment because I spend so much time at my fiance's house and she blames me for not doing dishes. I haven't used the kitchen in our apartment in MONTHS and she NEVER does dishes or anything and just lets them sit in the sink and rot and get nasty and gets mad at me and my other roommate for not doing them (she's at the apartment less than I am) and it's driving me NUTS. So my other roommate and I are looking to get a new apartment and move out (we haven't told the bad roommate lol, can't wait too see the look on her face when we just leave) Oh and to top it all off, the bad roommate has been spreading it all over the freaking school (we go to a small private college) that me and my other roommate keep the apartment a mess and it's so gross. GAH I can't wait to get out of here, should have never invited her to live with us DX
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #14963 
Creat

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
I'm having a similar issue with one of my roommates... I'm hardly EVER at my apartment because I spend so much time at my fiance's house and she blames me for not doing dishes. I haven't used the kitchen in our apartment in MONTHS and she NEVER does dishes or anything and just lets them sit in the sink and rot and get nasty and gets mad at me and my other roommate for not doing them (she's at the apartment less than I am) and it's driving me NUTS. So my other roommate and I are looking to get a new apartment and move out (we haven't told the bad roommate lol, can't wait too see the look on her face when we just leave) Oh and to top it all off, the bad roommate has been spreading it all over the freaking school (we go to a small private college) that me and my other roommate keep the apartment a mess and it's so gross. GAH I can't wait to get out of here, should have never invited her to live with us DX

GAHHH ROOMMATES !!!

that is all i have to say on that
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #14964 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpocicat View Post
Rant: I tried breeding a blue butterfly male to on of my blue females. Eggs, no babies. I tried with another female, eggs, no babies. I changed to a royal blue male and tried to breed him to another royal blue female...HE KILLED HER!!! I'm beginning to think maybe I should give up...
Nooo don't give up! Have you tried other methods? I did the shock method and once again got great results. I've tried different things, and tried matching up equally tough bettas together (stubborn lady with persistent male :p)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #14965 
Shirleythebetta

I think I discovered a link between boredom and my anxiety. My tablet broke and it is being repaired. They gave me a loner until I get mine back but they didn't reset it so it is locked with the previous owners information. I have noticed since I haven't had my tablet I have been very bored and my anxiety goes up dramatically. My brain is too active. I have to keep it entertained.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #14966 
ThePearlFish

Tummy >.<
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #14967 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I think I discovered a link between boredom and my anxiety. My tablet broke and it is being repaired. They gave me a loner until I get mine back but they didn't reset it so it is locked with the previous owners information. I have noticed since I haven't had my tablet I have been very bored and my anxiety goes up dramatically. My brain is too active. I have to keep it entertained.
Yeah I something of the same problem, due to my once having ocd I have to keep my mind busy otherwise it begins to "chatter" and think on it's own. It's not bad at first but then the thoughts turn dark and I begin to really hate myself as it slowly picks me apart flaw by flaw.

I would recommend meditation as learning to keep your mind clear means keeping your anxiety low. It has helped me a lot in the past and still.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #14968 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just love it how people think that every time my mom gets sick that she needs to go into assisted living.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #14969 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yeah I something of the same problem, due to my once having ocd I have to keep my mind busy otherwise it begins to "chatter" and think on it's own. It's not bad at first but then the thoughts turn dark and I begin to really hate myself as it slowly picks me apart flaw by flaw.

I would recommend meditation as learning to keep your mind clear means keeping your anxiety low. It has helped me a lot in the past and still.
That's EXACTLY how I feel. My brain just chatters away and it won't shut up. I have been thinking about trying some quiet time and trying to focus on no thinking. I need to get my candles back out and take a nice bubble bath. My fish filters help sometimes. I like the sound of running water. My therapist keeps telling me to try deep breathing but that only makes me more hyper

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 10-26-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #14970 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I just love it how people think that every time my mom gets sick that she needs to go into assisted living.
I can tell you honestly as a person who worked in assisted living that it isn't always the best option. Many of them get sicker because they feel neglected and unloved. If you are strong enough mentally to take on these issues you are doing a selfless thing to keep her comfortable. As long as you can handle it keep her home. My mother-in-law has a severely schizophrenic brother that everyone says should be in a home but she won't give up on him until she has to. I honestly think he is better for being in her care. He goes outside and isn't overly drugged, he cleans up the yard and takes out the trash. He feels like his life is worth something. He even takes care of the doggys . Again, it's just all about what you can handle as her daughter.

Tags
bettathanyou