Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #11 
ao
TFK Moderator

because it might be too big? if he's shy, it could be very well that he's feeling too much space... I have a heavily planted tank and my fish does nothing but wiggle his stupid little butt at me all day....

but if they feel that it is dangerous because it's too open, they hide...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #12 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
because it might be too big? if he's shy, it could be very well that he's feeling too much space... I have a heavily planted tank and my fish does nothing but wiggle his stupid little butt at me all day....

but if they feel that it is dangerous because it's too open, they hide...
Are you sure.... That bettas dont like open / large tanks? Even heavily planted ones?

This one seems to keep wanting to be on the sides of the tank all day without doing anything other than swimming around the sides, even with plants and stuff everywhere. One reason the personality bugs me about this fish XD
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #13 
LadyVictorian

Some betta's prefer smaller tanks, I know people who have betta's who panic outside 1 gallon tanks and rip their tails apart. All fish are different, no two are alike just like people.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #14 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Some betta's prefer smaller tanks, I know people who have betta's who panic outside 1 gallon tanks and rip their tails apart. All fish are different, no two are alike just like people.
I thought that was just a myth!!! :O OMG! I better try some other sizes for the guy so he calms down! Should I fill one of my 10 gallon tanks a few inches to try it? Or should I look for something smaller? :)

I know he HATES really small spaces (of course 1 gallon or under is not what I want to try on him unless suggested, I know it likely isn't good), and neither is it good for him. How interesting.... Guess I gotta try a few things then.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

Silk plants! the ones you have looks rough :(

and hard. he probably likes the side cos being next to a wall feels like a tight space to wedge into >.>

mine is always busy being curious :P
he's just a plain old VT but I've had him since a baby and tried to give him the best environment to hide/swim in. I keep the center of his tank open whilst heavily planting the sides so je can enjoy his life in the tank :)

so during the day he wiggle butts in the open, and at night he'a nowhere to be found, usually hiding somewhere to get his beauty sleep

your fish should be very comfortable and not skittish... do you do anything that might frighten him?

this is Kuro
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/u6ahava7.jpg

Last edited by ao; 10-26-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #16 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Silk plants! the ones you have looks rough :(

and hard. he probably likes the side cos being next to a wall feels like a tight space to wedge into >.>

mine is always busy being curious :P
he's just a plain old VT but I've had him since a baby and tried to give him the best environment to hide/swim in. I keep the center of his tank open whilst heavily planting the sides so je can enjoy his life in the tank :)

so during the day he wiggle butts in the open, and at night he'a nowhere to be found, usually hiding somewhere to get his beauty sleep

your fish should be very comfortable and not skittish... do you do anything that might frighten him?

this is Kuro
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/26/u6ahava7.jpg
Awww, I love your fish!

No, I dont do anything that scares him. He just kinda madly swims along the front and the right of the tank walls and stays in the open all the time. He just gets mad after angrily swimming along those two parts of the tank and eventually goes to a corner to tail nip =.= rather annoying.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator

he can probably see his own reflection.
It happens when the inside of his rank is brighter than the outside...
try a rectangular tank... maybe that curve is showing him somethig scary :(
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #18 
LugiaChan

Quote:
he can probably see his own reflection.
It happens when the inside of his rank is brighter than the outside...
try a rectangular tank... maybe that curve is showing him somethig scary :(
He was originally in a rectangular tank with a light. During the day and during the night he did the same thing, only even more often than he does now.

See what I mean by how difficult it is to know what's wrong? I need to give him to a new owner XD I cant take him anymore drives me nuts and I really like a lot of other personalities bettas have. This one, oy! Not my type of fish! And it's not only because of this problem, he's just.... Not what I was originally looking for in general ^^;

Last edited by LugiaChan; 10-26-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #19 
RedRaz

Try using an Indian Almond leaf. The IA leaf changes the water to an amber color which makes them more comfortable and can diffuse harsh light. I can see a HUGE difference it makes on my bettas. I love how it makes my tanks look too. ;)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #20 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
Try using an Indian Almond leaf. The IA leaf changes the water to an amber color which makes them more comfortable and can diffuse harsh light. I can see a HUGE difference it makes on my bettas. I love how it makes my tanks look too. ;)
Am currently using indian almond leaf both the liquid form and the juice form at once. He's still chasing the sides of the tank -_- super annoying.... Maybe he has a personality defect XD

Edit: added lots of it because of his fin damage, still showing no changes in his behavior or actions. I even have a blanket covering the whole tank except for the front so I can see him, and he's still doing it. Impossible little guy...