Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #31 
irishcreep

Oh man, I remember having to keep my black cat Jinx inside every Halloween. I could never fathom how some people just have no empathy. Like, just literally have that piece of their brain not functioning. It's unnerving.
irishcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #32 
ThePearlFish

My BF and I officially adopted our black cat on Halloween 2 yrs ago. Interestingly, he was also named after the werewolf from Twilight, Jacob (I did not name him!! LOL, but his name ended up sticking with him).

So, he is a Halloween cat through and through

Both my cats are indoor only cats though, so I am good. :)

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 10-26-2012 at 10:16 AM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #33 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
My BF and I officially adopted our black cat on Halloween 2 yrs ago. Interestingly, he was also named after the werewolf from Twilight, Jacob (I did not name him!! LOL, but his name ended up sticking with him).

So, he is a Halloween cat through and through

Both my cats are indoor only cats though, so I am good. :)
I think it is amazing that you adopted, and keep your baby inside! :) what a lucky boy he is!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #34 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I think it is amazing that you adopted, and keep your baby inside! :) what a lucky boy he is!
I definitely appreciate adoption in many circumstances :). And there is too much traffic around here. Neither of my cats have ever been outdoors and I don't think they'd have any skills "in the wild" :P. It is just safer overall for them.

I got both my cats from my old work (a vet office). They have a program with the local shelter and take in cats and dogs that have a medical condition and need a little extra TLC, a surgery or are pregnant, which frees up space to take in other animals. Then my work adopts them out after treating them or spaying and neutering the moms and kittens that are born.

My tabby was a teen mama cat. When her kittens were ready to be weaned I took her. Jacob was a kitten from my work's sister hospital who has the same program with another shelter in the area. Him and his sister were the last two kittens left and since they couldn't find a home for them at THAT office, they sent them over to us. Around the time where they were 5mos. the sister was adopted and I took him home every night to kinda foster him for the next few weeks. Halloween night we decided to adopt him after he wiggled his way into our hearts
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #35 
Irishdancer

My family has had at least one black cat since before I was born. Even though all our cats have been indoor cats, we've always kept an extra careful eye on them around Halloween.

On my college campus, there are some stray cats that hang around and two of them are black. I was going to go look for them last night to make sure they were okay, but I couldn't find them. Hopefully it was because they were already hiding someplace safe. I'll be very relieved the next time I see them!
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #36 
fleetfish

I love black cats! I saw the sweetest black kitten at Petsmart the other day ... just so tiny and fluffy. She looked like she was only 8 weeks. I wanted her. The employee was adamant that she was NOT being adopted on Halloween.

Needless to say, Quill, my fluffmonster was very good on Halloween. He's a brown tabby bicolour MH , but he's an indoor cat. A few kids saw him and wanted to pet him, so I picked him up and they patted his head for a few minutes until he got fidgitty. He did very well though and went right back to sleep, lol :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote