Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1 
RandyTheBettaFish

Carpet

Tomorrow the carpet cleaners are coming to clean the carpet (of course) and I had a question: What should I do with my fish? Im paranoid that they are going to be careless while moving the furniture and a tank will tip over or that the chemicals they use to clean will get in the water. Should I move them to a different room that wont be cleaned? I feel like im over reacting but im just terrified that one of my little babies will be hurt. Please help? :/
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

I would do the same thing, especially since the common person doesn't care about the wellbeing of fish.

Or maybe you could drain the tanks by a few inches to prevent spills, and put the bettas in temporary containers in a seperate room.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #3 
homegrown terror

i agree...i'd drain a good bit, if not most, of the water from the tanks and put your bettas in breathable containers. i'd put them in the bathroom with the door closed, since i doubt you have carpets to clean in there, and the closed door will help to maintain a warmer water temperature. they'll be stressed when they get back into their homes, but at least they won't be harmed. make sure you space them widely enough where they don't have to stare at each other all day.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #4 
RandyTheBettaFish

Thanks so much! im going to put them in the bathroom in their original cups. I feel horrible about putting them away, but I guess I have to. Thanks for the help!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote