Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #14971 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I just love it how people think that every time my mom gets sick that she needs to go into assisted living.
That is just sad. :c
My great grandma has Alzheimer's so my grandparents made her move in with them and leave her home.
Well my grandma hates her, always has.
So they got her a nice little house to rent for herself and they live on the same street.
When the house sells, they planned on buying a house.
My grandpa is the one related to her, and he's going to buy a house for my great grandma.
My grandma THINKS that they're going to take great grandma's money to buy a house for them and put her in a nursing home.

That.
Is beyond. Sad.

Thankfully my grandpa is here to take good care of her.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #14972 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
That is just sad. :c
My great grandma has Alzheimer's so my grandparents made her move in with them and leave her home.
Well my grandma hates her, always has.
So they got her a nice little house to rent for herself and they live on the same street.
When the house sells, they planned on buying a house.
My grandpa is the one related to her, and he's going to buy a house for my great grandma.
My grandma THINKS that they're going to take great grandma's money to buy a house for them and put her in a nursing home.

That.
Is beyond. Sad.

Thankfully my grandpa is here to take good care of her.
Heh, family 'love' stories. The only worse kind is when a will is been opened. Suddenly all tears are been washed up and fighting begins.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #14973 
Sena Hansler

I remember when my brother threatened my sister in law to put her in assisted living. Did you know when she finally went, she just kind of... depleted. disintegrated, in a way. :/ Near the end assisted living made sense, but not before. My brother is just a control freak who never deserved a lady like her.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #14974 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I can tell you honestly as a person who worked in assisted living that it isn't always the best option. Many of them get sicker because they feel neglected and unloved. If you are strong enough mentally to take on these issues you are doing a selfless thing to keep her comfortable. As long as you can handle it keep her home. My mother-in-law has a severely schizophrenic brother that everyone says should be in a home but she won't give up on him until she has to. I honestly think he is better for being in her care. He goes outside and isn't overly drugged, he cleans up the yard and takes out the trash. He feels like his life is worth something. He even takes care of the doggys . Again, it's just all about what you can handle as her daughter.
+1 ^^ couldnt have said it better. You are great for having the strength to take care of your mother when others in your situation would just give up and that is not right. Sending you warm loving energy your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I remember when my brother threatened my sister in law to put her in assisted living. Did you know when she finally went, she just kind of... depleted. disintegrated, in a way. :/ Near the end assisted living made sense, but not before. My brother is just a control freak who never deserved a lady like her.

thats terrible my late aunt had rheumatoid arthritis so she was always in pain, about 6-7 years she lost her husband to a heart attack and things got worse as he was the main one who took care of her even though she had 13 children. They were completely selfish, the five of her girls lived with her but they would sleep until 3pm, they would handle her very roughly when it was time to bathe her, and in the last 2 years they starting stealing more of her medication especially her pain killers. I lived with them for a time and I tried my best to help but eventually during one morning she just quietly told me that what I did do for her was good but her kids were the ones who needed to be taught a lesson, she said this is our language so translation is alittle rough but meant so much. With a heavy heart I left but not before asking for forgiveness for not being able to do more, then about a year after my grandfather died of prostate cancer she passed away, she was thin but she looked so much more at peace.. .. well these days my cousins the younger ones who lived with her are not really making much of their lives, drinking, taking drugs, and plainly not enjoying the life they wished for when their mother was alive.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #14975 
ThePearlFish

My bangs are growing out sooo slow! >:/ I just need a few more inches of length and they will be past my chin and long enough to put back with the rest off my hair in a ponytail without a zillion bobby pins..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 AM   #14976 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
My bangs are growing out sooo slow! >:/ I just need a few more inches of length and they will be past my chin and long enough to put back with the rest off my hair in a ponytail without a zillion bobby pins..
Keep up your vitamins and minerals etc, and don't use shampoo like everyday, or brush your hair straight after showers etc :) It'll grow in not ime don't worry

My Rant for the day
I'm so sick of people having a go at me for my opinions, even when it's okay for them to all express theirs, but I'm not? It REALLY annoys me, and they attack me because of it, what's to say I'm right and they're not.. ugh
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #14977 
Sena Hansler

Ehh that's people for you. :p

Basically for me, if my opinion is not welcome I walk away. On this forum, or in person. Now, an OPINION can NEVER be wrong. I could tell you that "in my opinion, some people should be sterilized", it does not mean I am wrong, it just means my opinion is a little more harsh to our lame society :p

And speaking of that... some people really aught to never have children. >.>

MY RANT: I dislike my biological mother. Sorry, but really. Not only did she give away her SECOND child because she couldn't care for me, shed had another child and keeps both of them? Think abou how that seems from my point of view. Think it's "okay"? No. You CAN'T care for a child, don't have them. If you wanted a child, had a child, and found yourself in a terrible situation, don't get pregnant right after and dump one child on someone else. I can't pull the "omg, lol, bestie! <3" Bull because it is not me. I just felt myself die inside from even typing that -.- Yeah, I'm sarcastic, I don't tolerate many many things, and I can't be all "bestie" (dies some more) with a woman who is an alcoholic.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 10-27-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #14978 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Keep up your vitamins and minerals etc, and don't use shampoo like everyday, or brush your hair straight after showers etc :) It'll grow in not ime don't worry
I don't take vitamins/minerals even though the doctor suggested them for me, I am a failure at taking them. Before the week is out after I start them, I will have forgotten that I need to take them. -facepalm-

I also only wash my hair no more than 2-3x's per week and I deep condition my hair for 5-10 min. each time. When I get out of the shower, I spray keratin sprays and leave in condition and massage oils into my hair.

I have been trying to give my hair a bit of a break from straightening then curling my hair. It is addicting though . I think that it is that process that is frying my hair and stunting the growth.

I don't have a rant for today so far, I am pretty happy actually :D
Old 10-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #14979 
teeneythebetta

Can you block people on here?
If so, how do I do it?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #14980 
ThePearlFish

I found my rant! LOL..:P

BF seemed to purposefully try to show me how this movie I picked out for us to watch was a sucky movie by bringing up the subject to his friend when they were upstairs and I was around.

Yesterday I felt like he was almost trying to make me feel BAD for defending the movie and had nothing but negative things to say about it, when I was trying to be a devil's advocate on behalf of the movie makers. I told him yesterday don't watch the movie then!! He was all like "Oh, well I'll watch it"

Why do you even watch a movie you already have a negative preconceived notion about?? Now, am I supposed to just TAKE IT when he is bad mouthing it all throughout the movie?? I feel like I have no choice, but to listen to his mouth.. There seems to be a horrible double standard in this house about who can say what about things and who cannot say certain things...>:/

Tags
bettathanyou