xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
He does have the color of a wild splenden
I know, I was shocked to see a VT his color
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #12 
Maddybelle

I found 3 wild colored VTs at petsmart a few weeks ago... sadly, I didn't have room at the time. Otherwise, I would have gotten one...or two, hehe.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #13 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Poor guy would get shredded if I attempted to mate him. He is too how you say...Um...cowardly is the best way to say it
Avoid breeding "chickens" (LOL). Seriously - you need to isolate him. If he is afraid of the female's color in general, isolate him for a longer time, in total darkness, without other bettas in sight. Let's say a week - then flare him to a color he is not afraid of (female). A non aggressive is better. He should begin to flare at them. . . after a few days of "exercise", Try putting him into a big enough tank with a female (preferably non aggressive female). Let him chase her around for a few minutes then take her out. OR you could try slapping his fins with a very thin stick (like a very long toothpick) while he flares at a female - this makes him feel he was attacked. The submissive female should boost his ego.

When you think he will fight it out with a female, start conditioning and introducing him to his pair to be. Once both show breeding signs, release them. . . . . Sometimes these "chickens" must be kept in the breeding tank until he gains his courage. Moving a sensitive chicken may stress him too much that he will not flare if newly moved. Instead a more aggressive female will attack him.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #14 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Avoid breeding "chickens" (LOL). Seriously - you need to isolate him. If he is afraid of the female's color in general, isolate him for a longer time, in total darkness, without other bettas in sight. Let's say a week - then flare him to a color he is not afraid of (female). A non aggressive is better. He should begin to flare at them. . . after a few days of "exercise", Try putting him into a big enough tank with a female (preferably non aggressive female). Let him chase her around for a few minutes then take her out. OR you could try slapping his fins with a very thin stick (like a very long toothpick) while he flares at a female - this makes him feel he was attacked. The submissive female should boost his ego.

When you think he will fight it out with a female, start conditioning and introducing him to his pair to be. Once both show breeding signs, release them. . . . . Sometimes these "chickens" must be kept in the breeding tank until he gains his courage. Moving a sensitive chicken may stress him too much that he will not flare if newly moved. Instead a more aggressive female will attack him.
I found the cutest blue and red VT for him, and I am going to attempt breeding them when his tail heals all the way.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote