Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #21 
LadyVictorian

I was always fighting over gp and rabbits because I wanted an animal who could live outside a cage aside from bedtime when they have to go back into their cage. A friend of mine had a bunny who lives outside the cage about 12 hours a day and was fully litter trained. The only issue was chewing stuff up but my rats do the same thing so I don't care. They chew up my stuff I get new stuff, anything that's toxic is kept from rat hands on high shelves they can't reach.

I figured rats wouldn't be able to play with them, my Bella more likely because she's a shy quiet rat who just likes to snuggle but her smaller sister Fili is a rough housing monster of pent up hyper activity and high prey drive. Trained her to hunt spiders in my bedroom and just about every other bug. I know rats and rabbits have gotten along,the same friend with a bunny has two male rats who play with the bunny and will even share carrots with each other.

I think regardless if my room mate gets a gp I might get one too just so they can live together and we could both technically have our own.

Can you get gp spayed and neutered? Which is more friendly with people girls or boys? Someone once told me girls were more likely to be snuggly with people and males are a bit more aggressive and likely to bit. How long do they live/ Ha sorry I am hitting you with a million questions just want to know about them since they seem eventually they will be living in the house.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #22 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I was always fighting over gp and rabbits because I wanted an animal who could live outside a cage aside from bedtime when they have to go back into their cage. A friend of mine had a bunny who lives outside the cage about 12 hours a day and was fully litter trained. The only issue was chewing stuff up but my rats do the same thing so I don't care. They chew up my stuff I get new stuff, anything that's toxic is kept from rat hands on high shelves they can't reach.

I figured rats wouldn't be able to play with them, my Bella more likely because she's a shy quiet rat who just likes to snuggle but her smaller sister Fili is a rough housing monster of pent up hyper activity and high prey drive. Trained her to hunt spiders in my bedroom and just about every other bug. I know rats and rabbits have gotten along,the same friend with a bunny has two male rats who play with the bunny and will even share carrots with each other.

I think regardless if my room mate gets a gp I might get one too just so they can live together and we could both technically have our own.

Can you get gp spayed and neutered? Which is more friendly with people girls or boys? Someone once told me girls were more likely to be snuggly with people and males are a bit more aggressive and likely to bit. How long do they live/ Ha sorry I am hitting you with a million questions just want to know about them since they seem eventually they will be living in the house.
No problem! I have actually had both genders and to me it sounds like a rabbit is better for your situation since you are able to give it the ample time out of the cage it needs, I'll pm you so we can get a longer chat going :)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #23 
LadyVictorian

Sounds good ha.

My room mates old room mate only had boys so he wanted to know most of all if girls were friendly or if it was just the fact his old room mate hardly ever played with his.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would like a Guinia pig but I know I can't care for them and I prefer fish but everyone has different pet preferences.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #25 
finnfinnfriend

They are so cute! I love Gpigs! They are my favorite rodents! So cuddly :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #26 
birdielikestomatoes

My mom and I are always joking about getting a couple of Guinea Pigs. One will be named Turnip for sure. I was thinking of Bean for the second.

Yours are adorable though! They look so relaxed. It's always a special feeling to know that your pets trust you so completely.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #27 
ThePearlFish

They are great pets. I like the names you picked out Birdielikestomatoes. :)

They are always so happy to see you. When I lived with my parents still, I'd come home and talk to them in a squeaky voice and Toadie would wheek back at me as if she would have a conversation back at me. So I would say things like "oh really? And what else did you do today? Wow! that's fascinating!"
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Awe they are adorbs! <3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote