Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #1 
lexylex0526

Smile Presidential Election!

Out of curiosity I was wondering if you are supporting President Obama or Govener Romney? And why?
I bring this up not to start a war or debate on this thread, rather I'm just curious to see and hear everyones opinions.

I am personally for Mitt Romney for a number of reasons. Mainly because I believe his plan for our Country is going to work and also he is pro-life which is a HUGE plus for me. I have nothing against Obama personally but I don't belive his plans are working and his "promises" just haven't been kept.

*Please feel free to share your opinion but I ask you not to attack others.*
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #2 
thekinetic

There is more than two canidates as it stands. But the odds are better in favor of Romney being a good president. I do not support his being pro-life because it is no one's buisness but the one who's pregnant, the rest have no say at all. I do not support his being anti-gay. But the fact of the matter is that Obama has failed and done nothing but lie this entire time.

Now think about this Romney is rich, with offshore accounts, now this to most would villify him but to me it shows he is good with money and THAT is what this country needs. And despite it's retched name and people's disdain for it due to lack of understanding trickle down economics does work. When the rich stay rich or better get richer they create more jobs because they can then afford to hire more people, more hired people means more money to spend, and more money spent is more money back in the system which boosts the economy.

So while I do not support much of Romney's special interest legislature, I support his views on the economy. He is the lesser of two evils as it were.

BTW did you know his real name is not Mitt? It's Willard! X3
Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #3 
lexylex0526

I didn't know that was his name! haha willard.....:)

And I completely agree with your point: Now think about this Romney is rich, with offshore accounts, now this to most would villify him but to me it shows he is good with money and THAT is what this country needs. And despite it's retched name and people's disdain for it due to lack of understanding trickle down economics does work. When the rich stay rich or better get richer they create more jobs because they can then afford to hire more people, more hired people means more money to spend, and more money spent is more money back in the system which boosts the economy.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Romney feels that 47% of people in this country are mooching off the government. I'm on disability and do not pay taxes. However, my father served his country in the Marine Corps for 20 plus years and never lived to draw Social Security. So I'm drawing off of HIM and not mooching off of anyone. I don't like the fact that Romney is anti gay and he wants to overturn Rowe vs Wade as soon as he sets foot in the Oval office.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Romney feels that 47% of people in this country are mooching off the government. I'm on disability and do not pay taxes. However, my father served his country in the Marine Corps for 20 plus years and never lived to draw Social Security. So I'm drawing off of HIM and not mooching off of anyone. I don't like the fact that Romney is anti gay and he wants to overturn Rowe vs Wade as soon as he sets foot in the Oval office.

What Romney means by the 47% (which was a bad choice of number on his part), is not the people who actually need assistance, it's the moochers that make not working and getting free handouts a lifestyle.

As for Roe v Wade, there is no way anyone is going to change that decision. It's Romney's personal belief that women shouldn't terminate pregnancies. He's entitled to that opinion whether we agree or not.

This is why the two party system is faulty. We typically get stuck with one candidate who is too liberal and will run the country into the ground and another candidate who is too conservative.

As for No-bama. He had a chance to do something good and he's made it worse. We don't need another 4 years of a weak economy so time to give someone else a chance to at least start to turn this around.

Is Romney the guy I would have picked? Nope. But that's what we've got to work with.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #6 
homegrown terror

choosing one slave-lord over another still makes you a slave. i personally will be protesting the election. we don't need either a religious tyrant owned by corporate interests, or a bumbling, inept poster-model owned by corporate interests. i do, privately, hope romney is elected for one reason: the last four years, having a democrat in office has pacified the moderate left into a slumber, and i think that having a common central enemy to rally against might serve to galvanise the left and give us the support to finally overthrow the corrupt system that is the united states of ameriKKKa. when that happens, i'll send you all postcards from the front lines.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #7 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I'm Canadian, but I like American politics. I'm all for Obama. I just intensly dislike Mitt.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Romney seems better for the middle class,buiseness, and my people the special needs.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #9 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Romney seems better for the middle class,buiseness, and my people the special needs.
on that last part, no he's not. on several occasions he's said he'd like to reduce benefits paid to those on disability, as well as force a lot of the people already ON disability out into the system to work jobs that they physically or mentally CAN'T perform.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's another reason I don't like Romney. Obama can't get things done because congress won't work with him.
Closed Thread