Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

A 55 gallon could hold those goldies. Sadly, they're probably permanently stunted so I'm guessing they'd be fine in a 55 for life... I'd tell your dad and take the fish. Some people.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

I'm sending my dad a text in so many words but first i am having my stepsisters text me pictures of the fish that I can then send to him as well.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #13 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well if you just tell him where they are he should find them pretty quick.
Your sisters actually agreed to send you photos? o.O
Old 10-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #14 
LadyVictorian

Yeah, I am sure they have no idea how they are keeping those fish is wrong. And they must assume I want them to show my fish friends how cute their fish are. My dad is currently at the gym so I hope he gets my text. Need to think of a way to word it in such that the fish don't go back to walmart.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Just be sure to say you'd love to take care of those fish!
(join the goldfish army)
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

xD, I am looking for a 55 gallon on craigslist right now. If he lets my sisters keep them (which is unlikely) then I'll ship the tank to them, if he lets me take them (would be epic) I'll have a big enough tank to set up for them. I'm already thinking of what to do with the betta male though, he's an elephant ear half moon boy and so beautiful but he has really bad fin rot, his tail is just shredded to the point I thought he was a crowntail. Will the comet and black mor be able to get along and live together do you think? You said the growth was stunted so perhaps the comet will stay small enough in size to not be dangerous to the other guy? Also what temp do they like (the goldies?) if they move up here I would have to get something to cool the water since my basic room temp is 78 during the summer.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #17 
Thebettaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
I'm sending my dad a text in so many words but first i am having my stepsisters text me pictures of the fish that I can then send to him as well.
Good! I hope you can help the fish!
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #18 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The moor and comet would be able to live together. You may have to hand feed to be sure the moor gets enough food, that's usually why they are considered incompatible.
The temperature would be a compromise, 73-74F would be good for both fish. But in the summer, they will be fine at 78F. Goldies are pretty temperature hardy, as long as it doesn't go below 70F the moor will be fine.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #19 
LadyVictorian

Alright thanks, then during winter the goldies should be living large, it's a base of 74 in my room. Though winters here is all of 3 weeks long >.< Still if they are okay in 78 then I won't stress about coolers right now. So far listings for them have been in the 100's o.o

I sent my dad the pictures but haven't sent the text of what he is looking at yet until he responds. He will obviously know they are not mine as he has seen me brag about my setups before and been spammed pics of my fish. After he says something back I'll tell him who's fish those are and what he can do other than take them back to walmart.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wasn't Petco have a dollar a gallon sale? It might be over but I saw people talking about it. 55 gallons for $55. Hope that's still going for your sake.