Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #21 
Viva

Lol, anyone who thinks keeping fish is easy and requires no time or care needs serious education (and a slap in the face). Yeah, its really easy creating a completely different, UNDERWATER environment in our homes that naturally exists in the wild with the crappy water we get from our tap. /sarcasm Lrn2chemistry
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #22 
asukabetta

one of her betta's died... she's getting another... she sent a picture to my friend and it looks like it's the beautiful butterfly betta I was staring at this store I usually go to... I hope not, I was very taken with that betta...
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #23 
ao
TFK Moderator

just ignore her... even if she does ask for your advice...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #24 
LadyVictorian

Wow is she seriously retarded?
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #25 
SnowySurface

I hate when I'm right at times like this.

Not only should you follow Aokashi's advice and just ignore the entire situation but I think you should go a step futher and request an end to updates. You will feel bad about any new fish you know is in her care and the stress isn't worth it. Since she will not take any advice from others or responsibility for her own actions (or inactions in this case), just wash your hands of the whole ordeal.

I hate to say this, but since Walmart can keep a fish alive for longer than 48 hours, this person shouldn't be allowed to own plants. DX
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #26 
LadyVictorian

xD I would disown her from the family. No greater insult than saying "You are not fit to share my blood."
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #27 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I told my cousin about bettas and she now keeps a betta in an over crowded .5 gal tank so many decor it is horrible she wants to put a female in the same tank so she can make lots of money off the baby bettas. I asked myself why I told her about bettas and my plan of breeding them and felt guilty too but your friend is responsible ffor her own actions it is not your falt plus if you didn't tell her she would have gone and bought some anyway. it is not your falt
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #28 
asukabetta

yeah i'll just do that-- it's very hard for me to ignore it... but i'll ask my friend not to talk about it to me no more.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #29 
pitcairnpete

Sorry for my language, I unreservedly apologise. Whilst I will still stick to my frame of mind on the subject, I will use different linguistic mechanisms to promulgate my thoughts in the future.

PCP
pitcairnpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Lol, anyone who thinks keeping fish is easy and requires no time or care needs serious education (and a slap in the face). Yeah, its really easy creating a completely different, UNDERWATER environment in our homes that naturally exists in the wild with the crappy water we get from our tap. /sarcasm Lrn2chemistry
I disagree Bettas are super easy just not as easy and cheap as everyone thinks I mean all i have to do is water changes,feed, decorate, turn light on and off, and love simple to me.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote