Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #15001 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Having to take reproduction in college? Wow just wow! O.o

It seems college is just like high school, just teaching unnecessary things. I mean could you imagine how easy high school would have been if we just took core classes like math and science and english with no useless classes like PE or electives?

Of course college is all about that little piece of paper just like high school. Except now you get to focus on what you want, while wading through the BS.

Me I'm taking a different route by getting my IT certifications and then getting into the industry, that way if they want me to go to college they'll send me and pay for it (yes they do that :D) just for those classes and none of the crud on the side.

All I can say is good luck to you in college, don't lose who you are in trying to accomplish! :)
Yea, Ohio is a little ridiculous on what they force you to take. You have to take a Science refresher and a Basic Math refresher to qualify for most of your undergrad degrees. The Math was bogus too until we got to the actual business math. We had to "relearn" basic math (multiplication, division...). and we even had to do lessons on decimals, as in; ones, tens, hundreds.

My husband is going to do what you are doing though. He is going to start with certifications but his work will pay for him to go to college after he gets them. It's a smart route. Sometimes I wish I was more technical and not so interested in Business but it's what I love *sigh*. The most technology you get in an undergrad degree is a decent computer course and learning about the Microsoft products like Word and PowerPoint. I am hoping that my BA will not be so Elementry as in grade school.
Ohio's college rules are making us look like idiots. I guess our state ranks pretty low in Math and Science to force it on grown people.

My new rant-My mother got me all worked up about this wind system that is supposed to hit tomorrow. I look on the weather channel and it says sustained winds of 20 to 30 miles an hour with possible gusts to 50. After that bad wind storm that had 80 mile an hour winds that isn't so bad. And my husband wonders why I hate storms. My mother, but I love her anyways.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 10-28-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #15002 
dramaqueen
Banned

My neighborhood is full of racists. One neighbor sees my friend from colorado who is Mexican at our mailbox getting the paper for mt mom and she questions him! Then there were the three incidents where he went to a couple of sports bars and they wouldn't wait on him.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #15003 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
My neighborhood is full of racists. One neighbor sees my friend from colorado who is Mexican at our mailbox getting the paper for mt mom and she questions him! Then there were the three incidents where he went to a couple of sports bars and they wouldn't wait on him.
I think it's horrible. No matter what race you are there are equal amounts of moron. What gets me is my in-laws see my olive complexion and say stupid things like that. At least my sister-in-law backed me up yesterday on that when her husband started. She sort of backed me up. She said "I don't care if he dates a black person, as long as it isn't a boy." So we went from racism to discrimination all in one sentence. My sister is Bi. My reaction was as follows....

It's sad when you can't get respect in your own family.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #15004 
hedgehog

I fostered a fearful dog from my shelter with the intention of keeping him. He was nervous around my dad which made my dad frustrated so I had to get rid of him. He went to a rescue for giant breed dogs and my mom was so upset about the situation that she promised me that we would get him back. Now he's being advertised on the rescue's facebook and I'm worried that everyone's going to want him because he's beautiful and has a sob story. They didn't even mention his behavioral issues which are quite major. I'm just worried I'll never see him again or get him back and it's upsetting. I literally saved him from being put down and we both love each other.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #15005 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
I fostered a fearful dog from my shelter with the intention of keeping him. He was nervous around my dad which made my dad frustrated so I had to get rid of him. He went to a rescue for giant breed dogs and my mom was so upset about the situation that she promised me that we would get him back. Now he's being advertised on the rescue's facebook and I'm worried that everyone's going to want him because he's beautiful and has a sob story. They didn't even mention his behavioral issues which are quite major. I'm just worried I'll never see him again or get him back and it's upsetting. I literally saved him from being put down and we both love each other.
I don't think I could ever be strong enough to foster. Good for you guys for doing that. I am sorry.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #15006 
hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I don't think I could ever be strong enough to foster. Good for you guys for doing that. I am sorry.
Yeah it was the hardest thing in the world giving him to his new foster mom. Samson definitely "adopted" me because he came from an abusive situation and I was the first person to show him any love in his life. I was planning on keeping him forever but my dad is a jerk. My mom says we're going to get him back so we'll see.
hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #15007 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Yeah it was the hardest thing in the world giving him to his new foster mom. Samson definitely "adopted" me because he came from an abusive situation and I was the first person to show him any love in his life. I was planning on keeping him forever but my dad is a jerk. My mom says we're going to get him back so we'll see.
Well I hope you can get him back. Best of luck.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #15008 
moonsand0wls

Anti rant: One of my male Betta, Kaida, is SO entertaining to watch. I can watch him for hours :L He likes to go under the filter where there is drag to the bottom, and swim up and through it then swim around the filter and do it over and over. It's so entertaining. I know it's for like exercise to keep them strong swimmers or something, but it is so funny to watch :P He also likes to jump alot, especially through the gaps between the heater and the glass. Too cute.

c:
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #15009 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Awh, I hope you get him back This made me sad!! Hope you get him :)
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #15010 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Anti rant: One of my male Betta, Kaida, is SO entertaining to watch. I can watch him for hours :L He likes to go under the filter where there is drag to the bottom, and swim up and through it then swim around the filter and do it over and over. It's so entertaining. I know it's for like exercise to keep them strong swimmers or something, but it is so funny to watch :P He also likes to jump alot, especially through the gaps between the heater and the glass. Too cute.

c:
sounds like a goofball.