Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #41 
ANHEL123

don't forget to make holes in the lid? Is he still less active?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #42 
dbrooke1

light coloration beneath his mouth is just the color of his skin. his body, except for his belly and head is sooo skinny. not sure why he's not moving. he barely moves. when and if he swims around he'll be twitching. he sometimes would seem to twitch more when he swims now (which is not often).
yes, i do daily 100% changes and use recommended dosage of epsom salt and and medicine. although, tonight in his food container put two tsp of epsom salt and a quarter amount of api gc packet in the water inside the food container?
yes, he's still very unactive.
will keep some water over night with no conditioner to acclimate it before i change his water and redose everything tomorrow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Didn't see the picture
BRown poo is normal. Broiken up white, with some transparent parts here and there would be a better determination of internal parasites.
light coloration below his mouth is it like fuzzy,cottony patch or just coloration of the skin?
Somethimes belly can change the color because of the parasites in the stomach. Not sure why his belly change the color. If he indeed has internal parasites then it might be the reason

Not sure why he is less active. Raise the temp slowly up to 84*. Do you do daily water changes? And don't lower the dose of the epsom. And you just redosing the medications right?
It really good that he is eating. And it good that at least he takes pellets with garlick , even though he spit them out. I think that garlick juice will get inside.
dbrooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #43 
ANHEL123

If you will keep water over night you still can put conditioner. I do it all the time. Poor baby. If he is eating keep feeding him. You can feed him even 3 times a day . I am really thinking that it internal parasites. With internal parasites fish will loose weight despite eating.

Tomorrow you can even increase epsom to 3 tsp/gall. Sorry i hope he can get better. Epsom salt don't hurt him at all.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #44 
dbrooke1

yup, his water is 84. his lid has holes too. thank you, anhel123.
Attached Images

dbrooke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 PM   #45 
ANHEL123

Please give update when you can, sorry :(
Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #46 
Sakejing

hey i have the exact same problem. ive made up a new thread of my own.PLease inbox me if you found out how to fix the problem. ill inbox you too once i find out.
Sakejing is offline   Reply With Quote