Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #1 
914joe

Question Sand grain size ?

I have two 5 pound bags of black sand that i just purchased a week ago ,the grain size is pretty big like the size of small pellet food or a little larger ,is this safe to use for my betta, the reason i am asking is i came across a site with betta care instructions and this is what it said about sand ,You really do not have to have a subsrtate but if you do have bettas are not able to have sand or any type of sand like substrate. (they are used to being able to eat things that look like pellets and I have indeed lost a betta who ate Eco Complete that was sand like) While a betta is pretty smart about a lot of things when it comes to food or anything about anything that looks like food they are pigs and there is not doubt about it. Please do take my word on this.Should i return the sand and get gravel instead,i really like the look of the black sand.

Last edited by 914joe; 10-11-2012 at 10:31 PM.
914joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

well, i am not sure. I have never heard of them eating it.

Today, intact, i am changing my 10 gallons gravel to pool filter sand which has a larger grain size :)

I will let you know how it goes!
make sure to rinse it!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote