Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #11 
pittipuppylove
Member
 
pittipuppylove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waverly, IA
Oh geez, it'd stink to be in a dorm through all of this! Best of luck and I hope you, your fish, and school stay safe!
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #12 
titusthebetta
Member
 
titusthebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
I'm in the same boat. Except that if the power goes out, they are making us evacuate our dorm and go to one of the buildings with a generator. It means I may be out of my room for days, worst case scenario. We are getting hit by the brunt of the storm, though. I'm worried about Mori because I don't think they'll let me take him with me.
titusthebetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #13 
asukabetta
Member
 
asukabetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
be safe all of you and your bettas
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #14 
pittipuppylove
Member
 
pittipuppylove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waverly, IA
Quote:
Originally Posted by titusthebetta View Post
I'm in the same boat. Except that if the power goes out, they are making us evacuate our dorm and go to one of the buildings with a generator. It means I may be out of my room for days, worst case scenario. We are getting hit by the brunt of the storm, though. I'm worried about Mori because I don't think they'll let me take him with me.
As much as I hate bending the rules, could you put some of his supplies in a backpack, cup him, and sneak him out with you?
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #15 
titusthebetta
Member
 
titusthebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
As much as I hate bending the rules, could you put some of his supplies in a backpack, cup him, and sneak him out with you?
Potentially, yes. However, it would be less than ideal to keep him in a cup.
titusthebetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #16 
pittipuppylove
Member
 
pittipuppylove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waverly, IA
Agreed that it's not the best of situations... I guess it'd be a situational thing - if you think you'd be evacuated for several days, would there be enough benefit to be able to have him with you in a somewhat controlled setting to outweigh the negative of having him cupped.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #17 
titusthebetta
Member
 
titusthebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Agreed that it's not the best of situations... I guess it'd be a situational thing - if you think you'd be evacuated for several days, would there be enough benefit to be able to have him with you in a somewhat controlled setting to outweigh the negative of having him cupped.
Of course, I would have to carry him through the storm to a different building. It's not a terribly far walk, but I have no idea if/when we'll be moved. It could be in the middle of the night.
titusthebetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 PM   #18 
pittipuppylove
Member
 
pittipuppylove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waverly, IA
Right. lol Let's just hope you don't have to evacuate and that Sandy decides to peter out earlier than expected.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #19 
titusthebetta
Member
 
titusthebetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA
My quick update: we made it through the night with the power in tact in my dorm. I'm trying to remain hopeful that it won't go out today. Mori is swimming around as if nothing is wrong. :P
titusthebetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #20 
xShainax
Member
 
xShainax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Glens Falls NY
It's sunny here today.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preparing for the hurricane LizzyP Betta Fish Care 2 10-27-2012 05:29 PM
EMERGENCY: Hurricane Evacuation! Aquabreeze Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 24 08-27-2012 08:48 PM
Hurricane Preperation Smokey65662 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 6 08-26-2012 08:01 PM
So with the hurricane coming... Krys Betta Fish Care 6 08-29-2011 04:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.