Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #11 
LadyVictorian

OMG HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

xD he has the same name as the female I rescued.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #12 
labloverl

Wow, look at the color that started appearing after you got him home. In the pics of him in the cup... is that how much water he was in!?
labloverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #13 
prosthetik

Wow so much difference after only 2 days cant wait to see what he looks like an a week or so! He's going to be beautiful!
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #14 
rosy delta

I am so fortunate, or at least the local bettas are, that my local petco takes EXCELLENT care of their fish. i never find dirty water there, no matter how many bettas they have. the only thing i do find is the occasional fish that no one wants and it just gets sad and skinny. soon as i have room i will rescue one of those poor sad things - but at least they are in clean water and get fed. You did a wonderful thing rescuing that guy and he is showing his appreciation by coloring up and looking happy!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #15 
Kitty Whiskers

Ahh yes, Phoenix! That is a perfect name :) He is fantastic and I love him a lot. He sure looks so much better. I'm glad you got the discount on him, but even if you had to pay full price he is worth it.
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #16 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Wow, look at the color that started appearing after you got him home. In the pics of him in the cup... is that how much water he was in!?
Sadly, he was in less. I took this picture after I added a little bit of clean water to help acclimate him to his hospital tank. He definitely has darkened up quite a bit. I cannot wait to see his progress.
Kittykat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #17 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosy delta View Post
I am so fortunate, or at least the local bettas are, that my local petco takes EXCELLENT care of their fish. i never find dirty water there, no matter how many bettas they have. the only thing i do find is the occasional fish that no one wants and it just gets sad and skinny. soon as i have room i will rescue one of those poor sad things - but at least they are in clean water and get fed. You did a wonderful thing rescuing that guy and he is showing his appreciation by coloring up and looking happy!

The 2 petcos and 1 petsmart in my area are usually really good at keeping the water clean. But lately the petco where I rescued this guy from has been neglecting the bettas. My dad even told the manager that they take better care of their dollar goldfish than they do their 10-20 dollar bettas. I already have way too many bettas, but I just could not let this poor little guy just rot away. I would have felt so bad.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #18 
Kittykat7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Whiskers View Post
Ahh yes, Phoenix! That is a perfect name :) He is fantastic and I love him a lot. He sure looks so much better. I'm glad you got the discount on him, but even if you had to pay full price he is worth it.
I really love the name Phoenix too... he is really growing on me. He is looking a lot better already. I am actually surprised I even asked for the discount. I usually don't even bother, but the way this little guy was treated I just had to. I really did it just to bring some attention to their bettas.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #19 
Firefly85

good job for saving him, he looks like he is going to be a stunner.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #20 
rmarkham

He looks great! It's amazing how fast they can color up, good job!
rmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote