Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #15011 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
sounds like a goofball.
He so is! I love him so much he is the first Betta I ever got lol. He's so cute. He also races up to the front of the tank when I enter the room and will swim to whatever side of the tank I'm closest to and flaunt his stuff :L But he doesn't like people other than me because he's very shy generally and doesn't like people putting their hands on the screen . :P He looves me though :P What habits does your ones do? :D
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #15012 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Having to take reproduction in college? Wow just wow! O.o

It seems college is just like high school, just teaching unnecessary things. I mean could you imagine how easy high school would have been if we just took core classes like math and science and english with no useless classes like PE or electives?

Of course college is all about that little piece of paper just like high school. Except now you get to focus on what you want, while wading through the BS.

Me I'm taking a different route by getting my IT certifications and then getting into the industry, that way if they want me to go to college they'll send me and pay for it (yes they do that :D) just for those classes and none of the crud on the side.

All I can say is good luck to you in college, don't lose who you are in trying to accomplish! :)
I have to disagree on PE and electives being useless. Regarding music and math: Our results show that intensive music training is associated with improved performance in the core mathematical system for representing abstract geometry. Controlling for an array of other variables (such as IQ, academic performance, social and economic factors), we found that intensively music-trained students outperformed students with little or no music training at detecting geometric properties of visual forms, relating Euclidean distance to numerical magnitude, and using geometric relationships between forms on a map to locate objects in a larger spatial layout....
Our findings are consistent with recent studies that suggest that sequences of tones spontaneously activate representations of space in the brain. We are now beginning to use behavioral and brain imaging methods to explore the nature and development of this relationship in infants and young children. Source: http://www.dana.org/news/publication....aspx?id=10740
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #15013 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

P.E. is usless for me my joints and my throat starts to hurt the air becomes cold and when I stop I am panting.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #15014 
Freyja
Banned

That it is useless for you doesn't mean its useless. Exercise in any way, shape, or form is always beneficial.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #15015 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I said for me I feel great pain from moving and have a bit of a limp and low energy plus excerise makes my deppression worse.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #15016 
Sena Hansler

Find another source of exercise that works for you. Yoga, dancing, running walking (or be a betta person and carrying buckets of fish water
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #15017 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

True and Funny I feel like the hunchback of notre dom sometimes.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #15018 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
He so is! I love him so much he is the first Betta I ever got lol. He's so cute. He also races up to the front of the tank when I enter the room and will swim to whatever side of the tank I'm closest to and flaunt his stuff :L But he doesn't like people other than me because he's very shy generally and doesn't like people putting their hands on the screen . :P He looves me though :P What habits does your ones do? :D
I have one. Pyro, he likes to faceplant into the rocks every now and then. He is healthy but he has always been that way, had him almost a year. I have to sneak pictures of my oldest boy because he flares constantly at the camera. I thought it was the red light but even when the camera is off and held up to him he flares away at it.

rant-all this wind from hurricane Sandy is causing the towns to cancel Trick or Treat. Poor kids.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #15019 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I guess some fish done realixe glass holds water.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #15020 
ThePearlFish

My eyes won't stop watering and weeping and now my eyes are soo sore and it is only 6:30pm wayyy too early to go to bed. I have no way to make them feel better either. It is like the more they water the less it will stop watering.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou