Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #1 
BlessedBuffalo

Angry fishy?

So, Juan Pablo is my first fish ever.~ Since he's new, I've been switching him around a lot.

1. I first got him a 1 gal goldfish bowl.
2. Then, I found a nice 5 gal tank and put him in it. Since I'm not familiar with anything fish-related, I used a filter (which I've decided not to use anymore since he didn't like the current, and also...) which shocked him-- like, many times. :((( I didn't know about the "loop" thingy. :( Sad day!
3. Another few days later (today), I bought some gravel for his new tank since I didn't have enough. I moved Juan Pablo from the tank to a little container, then back to the original bowl (so I could clean out the tank).

Now he's trashing around swiftly and fanning his back fin open and closed. : ( Is he stressed out? I would be...

I'm trying to help him by improving his living situation, but I just made him super frustrated and it's breaking my heart. :((

What do I do now? Should I clean the tank and move him back? Or leave him in the bowl (which has gravel and a hiding spot) for a few days and THEN move him back to the tank?

Please and thank you!
BlessedBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #2 
tromboneplaya

Is he flaring? I'm thinking that's what he's doing since you said he's fanning his fins open and closed. If I had to guess he's just seeing his own reflection and flaring. If it was me I would just move him back now....I'm sure he appreciates the bigger home! Additionally, you didn't mention if you had one, but he would really appreciate a heater as well if you don't already have one :)
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote