Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #1 
Doug2k4

Another Of My Silly ?s

Happy (almost) Halloween all! I've been into the wonderful world of fish on and off for the last twenty years, but still consider myself as a complete novice. I currently have 3 tanks with the 30 gallon as the largest. I usually do lights-out by 11 PM, but I walk by the tanks several times before I hit the sack. From watching the Bettas, I pretty well know when they're somewhere sleeping, but my question is about the others? I know about the Coris hiding out, but what about the top dwellers? We have a Bala Shark, and I've never seen that guy slow down for over 20 seconds. Maybe it's all a later night thing, and I'm being really naive, but I would love to hear input from you all, your advise is invaluable. I'm ready for tonight's education!
Doug2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #2 
thekoimaiden

Hmm. I'm guess the reason the bala shark isn't calming down is that he's stressed. Bala sharks are large, migratory, schooling species. They grow to about 14 inches long and live in pretty large groups in the wild. They need pretty large aquariums (6 to 8 feet long) to grow and develop properly. You can read more about them in the forum's fish profiles here: Bala Shark (Balantiocheilos melanopterus) Profile
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote