Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #11 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskandbowl View Post
I've been dying to take home this beautiful veiltail boy home from work.

He's a peachy color with blue eyes! I've never ever seen a betta with blue eyes before.

But, I've limited myself to only taking home the fish that need it, ie rescues. Sigh. I wish I had room for a huge divided tank.
Someone buy him please so I don't have to see him go to a bad home

How many bettas would you have if you could?

You know people are addict to something when they really like or love something. It's like it would never be enough, they just want more and more. I have a close friend who use to buy a lot of betta from me, he bought so many that i dont want him to pay anymore. Each time he show up at my place, i just tell him to pick whatever he like, he will need to get his own supply and bag the fishes himself. So, whenever he come here, he leave with 5 or 6 betta. Last week, i went to his son birthday, his betta total was 67 hm males, all from me. I will say 60% of his fishes, he got them for free. He told me, he is trying to collect all the colors he like, well good luck because betta have billions of colors.
I think if you have money, you will buy a lot of betta, i know few customers they do :)
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #12 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpediem View Post
You know people are addict to something when they really like or love something. It's like it would never be enough, they just want more and more. I have a close friend who use to buy a lot of betta from me, he bought so many that i dont want him to pay anymore. Each time he show up at my place, i just tell him to pick whatever he like, he will need to get his own supply and bag the fishes himself. So, whenever he come here, he leave with 5 or 6 betta. Last week, i went to his son birthday, his betta total was 67 hm males, all from me. I will say 60% of his fishes, he got them for free. He told me, he is trying to collect all the colors he like, well good luck because betta have billions of colors.
I think if you have money, you will buy a lot of betta, i know few customers they do :)
i need a friend like you
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 AM   #13 
prosthetik

Lol, I have 3 at the moment & hopefully my female turns up in the next few days! Like everyone else I wish I could take them all home! We have the space in my parents house for plenty of tanks but my parents would shoot me for "spending all my money" & my boyfriend wants to move out next year & he has 2 tanks at his house as well - a turtle tank & an oscar tank, so he's worried about electricity & water bills & such.

-sigh life- lol
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #14 
Saphira101

if I had all the bettas I wanted, I could start my own country. (of bettas that is.)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #15 
registereduser

I'm at my limit. I really wish my house had a basement!!!

I saw a beautiful orange dalmatian at Petco and almost caved.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #16 
a123andpoof

I have 15...I have one more divided 10g im finishing setting up tonight...2 of my boys will go in there...can add 2 more after that...setting up a sorority in my sisters room thats 4-5 females. She has been talking about a smaller tank...so possibly 1 more male. I think I have room for one or 2 more 10 or 20 gallons depending on the stand. So that would be...somewhere between 5 and 8 more depending on how i divide it. Yeah I would have way more except I need more money and maybe time.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #17 
hannah16

When I was in IL, I was up to 14 I believe. Loved them all <3, but if I could have as many as I wanted.... I'd buy one, two, three or maybe four each time I go to Petsmart or Petco.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #18 
Chuckee

I don't think I could have too many at once. I like to adore my critters, and if I had so many that I didn't have time to stare at each single one of them for 30-45 minutes a day, I would feel pretty terrible. I already get that way when I can't make my rounds as complete as I'd like. Plus, I have to spend time with my plants and other fishies. There are only so many hours available per day to spend meditating.
Chuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #19 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
I have almost thirty right now but I would have sororities all over my house(I'm not a breeder). If I get one more betta my husbands head might blow up.

My husband said once we get our own place I can have as many fish as I want. At the moment we live in an apartment provided buy our work but in a year we are moving. He doesn't say a word about all the tanks I've been buying that I find deals on. He's a big softy though. Sometimes I have to remind him we don't have room for another fish right now.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #20 
Hershey

I'd duplicate my divided tanks. At least 20 or 30.

Last edited by Hershey; 12-04-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Added a d at the end. ;u;
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote