Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #1 
madmonahan

Unhappy Why does my opinion matter anyway??!!

My dad is in the army so we move alot. The older I get the harder it is...my parents (mostly my mom but is starting to convince my dad) want to move to Hawaii. You may think "why don't you want to move to Hawaii?!" well because its so far away!! You have to fly to just SEE someone and that costs alot of money! It will be to stressful for me but no one seems to get that! Last time we moved it was just...the hardest thing i'v ever gone through! Everyday I woul wake up in this room and thought "have to get through the day." I left my best friend in the world and she is now slipping away from me....it's been almost a year now and every once in awhile I feel so lonely...

It took me FOREVER to get over that. ;( and no one know what I went through....I don't think anyone ever will. I CAN'T go through that AGIAN so soon! I know we will move alot and we are MOST LIKELY going to move this summer because my dad is going to some kind of school...but its not to far away from all my besties...but...I just CAN'T go all the way to Hawaii! I just can't explain how I feel anymore....I try to talk to my mom but it doesn't feel like anyone understands...i just need some comfort and this is my favorite place to go to get things out of my mind...I just am trying to relax right now but I'm crying more and more the more I think about it....:/ sorry for such a long post...I didn't even know if I would post this...but it's to late now...I hope I don't regret it....;(
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hey, don't be sorry. I understand how you feel because I went through it myself. My dad was in the Marine Corps and we moved around a lot, too. It's very hard to move to a new place and having no friends. We moved to Germany when I was 8 years old then back to the States when I was 10. It's hard to leave old friends but I'm sure you'll make new ones. Can you talk to your parents about how you feel?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #3 
madmonahan

i try my best, and i HAVE told them how i feel....but i just need to talk to my mom later. maybe that will help :(
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #4 
vilmarisv

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with this. I've moved a lot all my life and I completely understand. I moved many times during my school years and there were a lot of things that I left behind on each of those moves.
You have to embrace the change and look at the constant things in your life. You're family sticks together and try to make the best out of the situation. The changes are not easy on anyone and you all have to support eachother in this.
My most recent move was just a year ago. I used to live in TX 2 blocks away from my sister and my 3 year old nieces who I love most than anything in the world but when my company offered me a promotion in Seattle I could not turn it down. I have abolutely no one here and I didn't know anyone when I made the decision to move but it was an opportunity I could not turn down.
I miss my family like crazy and it kills me that I'm missing out on my nieces but I decided to make the best out of this and even when I have no one here I still embrace all the beautiful things I get to enjoy in Seattle.
You can't go through life thinking on what you're missing on... people move on and we move away. You have to enjoy the here and now because only you will be able to make yourself happy.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #5 
aemaki09

I never moved as far as is in the plans for you, but when I was younger my dad would pack up and move us about every 4-6 years and I thought it was just as bad. I'd cry for months. I moved to where I live now and was so depressed for so long that I had to get depression meds. Don't worry I'm sure plenty of us know how it feels and you can talk to anyone at anytime about it.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #6 
madmonahan

^^it is hard :( i'v never really been in a place more than 2 years....when I was younger maybe, but back then it wasn't much of a big deal for me:( I just don't want to get my hopes up that we are staying and then....BAM! We are moving to _____! the hardest things to leave are my friends ;( when we moved to where we are now, I made friends FAST because I went to school....but i'v decided to do homeschool this and probably next year so it will be harder to make friends. And sense were moving over the summer I'll have ANOTHER summer alone...