Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #11 
Firefly85

I had that same tank, and the filter can be too strong at the intake/uptake tube, it was too much for my poor little Shela and i actually found her stuck to it one day. I have moved her to a smaller unfiltered tank.
so you may want to buy a different filter for this tank to cycle it. or add a sponge prefilter to it.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #12 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly85 View Post
I had that same tank, and the filter can be too strong at the intake/uptake tube, it was too much for my poor little Shela and i actually found her stuck to it one day. I have moved her to a smaller unfiltered tank.
so you may want to buy a different filter for this tank to cycle it. or add a sponge prefilter to it.
Oh no! I'm glad you saved her. :) I'm leaning towards the bigger tank, simply for the room and more options in decor (some of the fabric pants at teh store are pretty big) and I'll look for a lower-flo filter. Any you reccommend? brand or flo-speed?
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta veil-tail