Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #15101 
Shirleythebetta

OMG! I think there is a mouse in my house. LOL. My shepard started looking down the hallway all wierd and I heard a strange noise. Here I am walking down the hallway with my husbands gun in hand thinking someone broke in to find no one. Sometimes being alone at night is frightning. Although I would feel more scared for the intruder because I am a decent shot. ;p Right before this happened I heard something smack the side of my house outside. Go out there and my shepard has some creature cornered and it ran under my house when I came out. I don't even know what it was. I hate Halloween sometimes. LOL.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #15102 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
OMG! I think there is a mouse in my house. LOL. My shepard started looking down the hallway all wierd and I heard a strange noise. Here I am walking down the hallway with my husbands gun in hand thinking someone broke in to find no one. Sometimes being alone at night is frightning. Although I would feel more scared for the intruder because I am a decent shot. ;p Right before this happened I heard something smack the side of my house outside. Go out there and my shepard has some creature cornered and it ran under my house when I came out. I don't even know what it was. I hate Halloween sometimes. LOL.

could be mouse? rat? packrat? squirrel? lol the possibilities are huge.

as long as its not an alien or gnome
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #15103 
LittleBettaFish

Ugh. I found a dried up fish crispy behind my fish rack a few days ago. I couldn't figure out who it was and then I thought it was the male out of one of my tanks because he has darker fins and when half my fish look the same and the crispy is covered in carpet fuzz, it can be difficult to do a positive ID!

Anyway, have two females in there already so I ordered two males from my aquarium to put in with them as I want to get a spawn from this particular species.

Was feeding the tank today and who pops out to have a munch on some blackworms, but the bloody male I thought was dead. I have no idea where he was hiding out so now I will have two males I now don't really need which is going to be $50 or so and only two (hopeful) females.

Now they all need to go into a bigger tank since their current one is going to be too small for five fish.

So while I am happy he hasn't departed this earth I am a bit mad he didn't appear before I contacted the aquarium about replacements.

I did the same with another species where I thought I'd lost my original adult female. Her and the male were just scrapping in the tank I set-up for them so I go ahead and order a new pair. Well the day after they arrive, I find the male guarding several fry. Turns out that was my original female after all.

God these fish sometimes make me want to rip out my hair!
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #15104 
ThePearlFish

Ugh.. why do I always keep going to bed late, only to be woken up by the black one so early?? Okay, so it isn't THAT early, but my eyes sure think so.

Also, the other one, the tabby one, peed yesterday in the dining room which she has never peed out of her box before. So this means I have to get up from the couch soon. This is because last night I locked her in the bathroom to try to get a sample of urine and if she did give me a good sample then I am gonna see if I can bring it to the vets to see if she has a urinary tract infection. I hope almost that she has something that can be treated because if not, this means she is doing it behaviorally, which means it is harder to get her to not do this in the future.. :/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #15105 
Sena Hansler

Canada is not fun because the places I end up living are more lame than a mule with a broken leg :/

Rant: research before doing anything. That said... Oops.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #15106 
Creat

Canada beats a lot of places lol like where I am which has broken legged mules... >.>

And my enter key dosent work anymore unless I press shift first
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #15107 
ZergyMonster

I ripped a good portion of my thumb nail out today throwing out some light fixtures from work. Only a few kids recognized my creeper head from minecraft, more adults knew what it was than the kids.

Anti-rant - Got to the store to pick up cheap candy and found warhead candies I bought 2 huge bags and now I have my sour fix for the next few months.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #15108 
ThePearlFish

Rant for the night- Owww! I just jarred my left wrist bad! It is the hand where I have an injury near my wrist and it is my dominant hand too... hurts so bad.. this is going to make me sleep horribly now..Pain meds! Come to me now!! :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #15109 
dramaqueen
Banned

Zergy and TPF, OUCH!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #15110 
moonsand0wls

Anti-rant: I can finally get some tank dividers tomorrow!!yay!! I bet that my two females are going to be happy, after spending a week or so in tiny foam cups. It's going to be so cool, and I can then get them into a bigger tank. Pretty excited. However, I am kind of nervous as I had only rung them up, and asked if they had them, and tried to describe them but he seemed unsure of what I was on about..
-_- They are so unsure of a lot of things.. which leads me to a rant that I actually didn't think I had. I'm so sick of pet stores employing people who either are completely useless and know NOTHING about fish, and pet stores who employ people and teach them the same stuff. I mean, I know that I don't need to ask them as I already know, but you'd think they'd want to have valuable staff that know what they're talking about. Hmmm. :s
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou