Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #11 
kfryman

The good thin about Mr Aqua tans is they are rimless, pretty good quality, and cheaper than other rimless tanks. They might not be as much quality, but they are still good. I plan on getting this bad boy http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua_...FIAQRA-vi.html I like it because I get more room to play with depth, the only hard part is finding a light and a stand. I may build my own stand and may build my own LED fixture. Not sure but I have access to a par meter so I can get exactly the PAR I need for about 55 PAR which would be in the medium light range.

Nice to have places to get wood. The plant club I am in (SFBAAPS) a guy that I would guess was in it and drove all the way from Reno to the Bay Area brought tons of manzanita, best part, it was free! I got some great pieces.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

ahhhh nice to see you here :) though I still havent forgiven you for choping up your poor unfortunate ammonia source.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #13 
RobMc

Went to a good cause cycled in 2 weeks.

Also - good to see you here mate.
RobMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #14 
kfryman

Are you planning on replacing the CO2 system entirely? I know that it is super expensive to just keep buying those cartridges, I believe it would actually cost tons of money over time, probably better off getting a cheapish paintbal setup.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #15 
RobMc

Those tiny CO2 canisters came with the tank, figured I might as well use them up; but you're absolutely right - it's not sustainable. The next step is to upgrade to a ~5lb tank + regulator with a solenoid http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=9895 then I'll just run the tank on the lighting schedule and have it shut off at night.

Hoing to do it all used below 70.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #16 
kfryman

Yeah, I guess you might as well use it. I would have gone for paintball, but I guess 5lb may be easier. I am having a dual stage regulator built by a local enthusiast for free. He gt me a great deal on the DSR as well. Just will be like a year till I can actually use it...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #17 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

That is.gorgeous! What kind of grass is that? And awesome piece of wood!
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #18 
RobMc

Thanks ItsKourtneyYoC8 the foreground grass is "Micro Sword". Seems to be pretty easy to grow - needs high light to stay low but will grow under low-med as well just longer and slower.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator

XD did you raid petsmart by anychance? the ones here dont sell those nice plants. sigh :(
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #20 
sandrac8388

Your tank looks AMAZING!!! I want mine just like that! I am going to buy supplies for my first NPT next weekend!! I'm so excited. Do you have any tips? How do you keep the water so clear? Where did you buy all your supplies? Filter or no Filter?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm so scared of screwing up! :(
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquascape, ebi, flora, fluval, nano