Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #1 
logisticsguy

Pet stores make me sad

I have to stop visiting the betta section of some of these pet stores. Almost every time I leave in a very bad mood or go off on a store employee who is likely under paid, over worked and almost always uninformed about the betta they sell. Today was no different. Happy I was to see on the front door that HM betta were on for sale price of 10 bucks. Awesome..lets hope they cleaned up their act after I gave them a piece of my mind last month. So look at the betta, at first they had some nice fish but once again dead betta in the bowls..only 2 this time. Except one had been dead so long decomposition had set in long ago, clearly he had been dead for days. I just left quietly with the BBS eggs I needed for my spawn but felt awful about the ammonia poisoned fish....again. Sorry for the rant, I felt the need to vent.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
I have to stop visiting the betta section of some of these pet stores. Almost every time I leave in a very bad mood or go off on a store employee who is likely under paid, over worked and almost always uninformed about the betta they sell. Today was no different. Happy I was to see on the front door that HM betta were on for sale price of 10 bucks. Awesome..lets hope they cleaned up their act after I gave them a piece of my mind last month. So look at the betta, at first they had some nice fish but once again dead betta in the bowls..only 2 this time. Except one had been dead so long decomposition had set in long ago, clearly he had been dead for days. I just left quietly with the BBS eggs I needed for my spawn but felt awful about the ammonia poisoned fish....again. Sorry for the rant, I felt the need to vent.

AHhhhhhhh. I hate that. OMG dead fish decomposing?! That's so sad, poor fish, and so sick. S.I.P fish </3 are you okay?

BTW I can never go into pet stores either I end up buying the store because I can't stand seeing them all like that -_-
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #3 
sainthogan

The pet store where I got my girl has a pretty good reputation for keeping their betta cups clean. I've been in there many times and have only seen one dead fish, but the water is always clear and generally the fish are in good condition. On the other hand, they recommend small tanks for bettas and get quite defensive when you suggest maybe the gender of the fish is incorrect (this is how I ended up with a girl instead of a boy)
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote